St Louis Cardinals

MLB Nike 2020 Redesign

I could go either way on the Tigers options. I suppose the first one is more consistent with the road design, so maybe go with that one.

Ok, moving on to the next two teams.  I decided to rebrand both the Twins and the Indians.  The twins is my favorite in the whole series, and the gladiators is my least favorite.

Gladiators: Decided to rename the Indians and create a whole new logo.  The identity is based loosely around the guardian statue around Cleveland.  I decided to keep the script on the home and the block on the away, same as what the indians do now.  I am pretty unhappy with how the logo turned out, would love to know what you guys think i could do to improve it.

Wolfpack: I wanted to base the Minnesota teams identity around some of the beautiful nature photos I have seen of the state.  I based the colors on the northern lights, and made a geometric looking wolf logo.  i was going to put the state of Minnesota logo on the sleeves, but it looked really bad with where the template cut it off.  It just looked like a purple blob, so I decided to keep it off.

spacer.png

For Cleveland, try completely re-doing how and where the face is lit from. Tbh this is something I’ve had a lot of trouble with in the past, but it’s also important to learn. Maybe (if treating the logo as a 3-D object, in this case a head) don’t just light its face, but instead light it from the viewers perspective. Still keep the mix of warm colors in there to make it feel kinda like a bronze statue (kinda the vibe I’m getting, if I’m wrong lmk). For Minnesota, I don’t think the word you’re thinking of is geometric to describe the logo. It has a smoothness and flow to it that I really like, and maybe use that kind of flow on the sleeves as a design coming up to the shoulders, if you’re willing to go pretty far out there. The pinstripes just don’t really make sense for me, especially making them faded. Like I understand why, but I feel like with such a modern design otherwise, maybe make the accenting more modern than pinstripes.

I like the idea behind both these rebrands. For Cleveland, the color scheme is too similar to the Pirates, so maybe look to the other Cleveland teams for inspiration. Cavaliers maroon and gold or Browns orange and brown are some possibilities. 

The Wolfpack are interesting. I think you need a little more contrast behind the teal and turquoise for the road pinstripes idea to work. 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:47 PM, St Louis Cardinals said:

Here's the Devil Rays with a sleeve stripe and Blue logo on the alt.  i had no idea what to do on the sleeve stripe, and I wasn't really pleased with what I came out with, so if you have any suggestions let me know.  I also am not sure about the blue logo on the alt.  Kind of pops out while most everything else in the set is more muted.

spacer.png

The blue TB is an improvement, but after seeing it, maybe white would work better?

As for the striping, it's too few colors with kinda jarring jumps. I was thinking more gradual stripes, sorta like the pattern of the script on this shirt the Rays are selling:

D4n-vhoW4AEwMQF.jpg

For Detroit's home, I think navy works best for the D. Maybe try it without an outline?

The crowns on KC's scripts is really cool. I like the powder blue away a lot, but the crown doesn't work on a gold jersey like it does on royal blue. Also, the sleeve logo looks weird with the flat shield and the curved crown together.

Cleveland's scripts are nice, and the idea is interesting. I agree with @Htown1141 is totally right about there being way too much shadow on the logo. I think using a bronze as the main color is the way to go, maybe some maroon accents.

Minnesota looks awesome! My only suggestion is to go dark blue or black for the alt, with white or teal pinstripes.