MLB Nike 2020 Redesign

St Louis Cardinals

spacer.png

Here is the liberty with the US Declaration font.  I like the cleaner cursive more if we're being honest.

And I think I have figured out the expansion.  I've added Honolulu, Alaska, Monterrey, and Charlotte.  I wanted to do Alaska and Monterrey because i think they'd be interesting concepts that aren't made too often.  i do have some questions about Monterrey.  Here is what I have so far, obviously its just a lot of ideas thrown together but i wanted some of your guys input.  The team name is Tritons.

spacer.png

And now here is the Cubs and Cardinals.

Cubs: I cleaned up one of their old logos and brought back the baby blue pinstripes.  Looking at it now, I probably will switch the Away and Alt. jerseys.

Cardinals: I'm not too sure about this one.  I think the birds on the bat without the script is interesting but I'm not certain that its recognizable enough to stand on its own.spacer.png

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE what you did with the Cubs. The Cards are an interesting re-imagining but you already used the red and black color scheme for Atlanta. Maybe replace the black with navy and/or swap the gray trim for yellow? 

The Monterrey concept is interesting but the colors are a bit drab. Maybe go with the color scheme of the Mexican National Baseball Team? I also think you need some sort of wordmark on at least one of the uniforms. 

And if you're thinking realistically, the chances of MLB ever expanding to Alaska are next to zero. Still, don't let them stop you from coming up with something inventive!

Messed around with the Cardinals for about an hour today before finally abandoning that concept.  Decided to just rename them entirely.  I named them the Expos.  Much of the buildings and parks around St. Louis are a result of the 1904 Worlds Fair.  How does this look?  The arch sleeve design would be on both sleeves, but i couldn't get it to look good on the template so I decided to leave it out.

spacer.png

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I haven't had the chance to comment until now but man, you're a mad lad. You've managed to change the identity of the MLB teams altogether yet you've nailed it!

This has been one my fav series on the boards, I can't wait to see what's left.

As for the Monterrey, I like both name and look, but I don't really see the correlation between the name and the pattern from the sleeves. If you're talking about the Mexican Monterrey, then I'd go for a Spanish name. Some nicknames directly associated with the city would be Sultanes (Sultans), Montañeros (Mountaineers) or something related to the industry. As @coco1997 said, using the Mexico national colours would be nice.

Keep it up!

Ok, thanks for all the feedback on Monterrey, I'll continue working on them.  I already finished Alaska and Honolulu so all thats left is to finish Charlotte.  I also want to go back and update Minnesota.

Next up is the Reds and Pirates.  For the Reds i just basically made a throwback.  Nothing too exciting.  As for the Pirates, I wanted to play-up the pirate theme.

spacer.png

StLouisCardinals.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Great idea using the lettering from the ‘80s Pirates logo as a jersey script. I had a similar idea for one of my own Pirates concepts. 

The Reds are also well done. Could you maybe try restoring the black to Mr. Redlegs face?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting designs, I’m not usually a big fan of modern designs but most of these work. I’m a huge fan of what you did to the cubs, and while I like the design for the Reds. I can’t get on board with the look of the Nike logo. 

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

I think your Diamondbacks black jersey is awesome! Love that sublimation. The set could use some more red, though.

The Pirates scripts look great. Home & away could use some yellow striping, and the black cap could use a yellow brim.

I like the idea for SD. Reminds me of the Pilots a bit. Perhaps blue S & yellow D like 2016?

LA is solid, but it's possible the palm trees might work on the sleeves... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like Colorado, especially the away script. Perhaps go with a dark burgundy instead of black. On the alt, maybe white sleeves with mountains instead. The black cap could use some blue, since that's the primary color.

More good stuff here!

Archived