Sign in to follow this  
dgnmrwrw

Tampa Bay Rays: Original Look Retry?

I prefer the single tier road script compared to the double tier, but they both look good. I like the addition of the ray on the home. I pick the yellow outline on both. So row 1 for all columns and either column 2 or 3 for the road, either works

I like the top option for the home wordmark and the first double-tiered option. The two-tiered look feels more balanced.

I like it but what would the numbers look like if they weren’t italicized?

I like this concept a lot.

I remember as a kid, when I'd go see Tigers, Indians, or White Sox games they all seemed to always play the Devil Rays, so I grew found of their uniforms because to me they looked so different then anyone else because of the green, yellow, and blue they used. 

So any return to that is applauded by me.

On a side note, is it me, or does Tampa Bay struggle the most out of any city across all it's sports to really craft identifies, because they all seem to start with a truly unique look (for better or worse) but then after a few seasons, regress to a more traditional look in line with the rest of the league they're in? (I know the Bucs are a bit of an exception)

Looking at the Bucs going from the orange creamsicle unis (which I personally love) to the more neutered red and pewter, Rays going from the eccentric colors to a definition of boring with navy, and the Lightning (which I love their current logo, but hate the boring unis) going from their 08-11 unis to essentially a copy of the Maple Leafs.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Back with what I hope is a nearly complete uniform set. Still not sure about the home alternate (specifically, the purple sleeves) and the non-italicized numbers. Input would be appreciated.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really like the whole set, except for the neon green jersey. Maybe a gold-yellow uniform with the TB logo on the chest, similar to the A’s alt jersey

I was going to say I actually like the neon green alternate (it’s very late ‘90s-early 2000s) but could we see it with the “TB” logo on the front in place of the “Rays” wordmark?

OK, a few quick home alternate options. I think I'm leaning toward the solid sea foam green jersey. I do think using the TB mark makes for a better alternate. I may try to incorporate a ray into it. Not sure yet. Feedback would be welcome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I really like the sea foam green alt. I could go either way on the sleeveless vs. non-sleeveless version. Maybe put the ray logo on the green cap in place of the “TB”?

These all look great, but I would recommend going with block numbers. Something to ground the look a bit.