NFL re-do... minor changes (when possible) plus all-new single alts.

oldschoolvikings

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And the Ravens...

Get rid of the "B" in the logo, and update those dopey helmet stripes.  Also update that garish number font with the drop shadows.  And add gold to the pants stripes.  And, as with every other design in this thread, kill the leotard.

spacer.png

Nice little touch to this uni. I like the purple pants! If black, black, and purple would look very good with this set. But you did a wonderful job with it!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/15/2019 at 9:28 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Vikings.  Like the Bears, almost no change to the basic home and road... all I added was a pair of white socks with stripes to kill the hated road leotard look. Also, a second pair of white pants with a stripe to match the white jersey, so that if the team wants to wear all-white on a few occasions, the stripes won't have to be mis-matched (it's not a deal breaker, but just something small I'd fix). The alt is a throwback to the home uniform from 1969, the Vikings 1st Super Bowl.

spacer.png

Other than stripes on the socks, one other change I make to the Vikings, is either have the "sail" serifs on both numbers or completely lose it. It always bothered me that it was only on the the first numeral.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:20 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

And the Ravens...

Get rid of the "B" in the logo, and update those dopey helmet stripes.  Also update that garish number font with the drop shadows.  And add gold to the pants stripes.  And, as with every other design in this thread, kill the leotard.

spacer.png

If you replace the mock up logo with the actual logo this set would be perfect. The font and stripes work surprisingly well and I love the emphasis on the purple. I just really like the current logo and think the removal of the b is kinda pointless and makes the logo look barren and boring

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 5 weeks later...

Next easiest was the Chiefs.  I just want to fix the helmet logo.  It doesn't always bother me when teams have black in their logo (Vikings, 9ers, Washington) but here it does, so I'm swapping out gold for black.  Also, I'm streamlining the stripes.  Red/gold/red on white, white/gold/white on red.

spacer.png

Finally, the Broncos.  This one was really tough.  Of course, if they called me tomorrow and handed me the keys, I'd go wholesale changes based on the 80's uniform, but I wanted to try to keep at least the feel of the current uniform. Hard. I fiddles with a number of side-panel-less versions of the current look, but all seemed very awkward.  Finally,. I hit upon basing the uniform on a simplified version of the helmet stripe. In the end, I was kind of happy with it.

spacer.png 

Archived