2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

On 9/23/2019 at 2:28 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Week 3 had an oddly large number of "Cross-flexed" games, which I think made certain games look a little off compared to what we're used to seeing.

MIA DAL - FOX

DEN GB - FOX

ATL IND - CBS

OAK MIN - FOX

NO SEA - CBS

CBS is generally a nicer broadcast, so I think it worked nicely for NO SEA as the game of the week, but some of the FOX games suffer in my opinion.

OMG you are SO correct. FOX Broadcasts look grainy and the colors tend to be duller, as if your TV is on standard setting. CBS broadcasts look crisp, sharp, like your TV's VIVID setting. And on CBS, the colors pop, edges are more defined. Seeing the rainy Seattle turf contrasted with the white/gold of the Saints color rush was BEAUTIFUL. I love when my Redskins are on CBS. Luckily we have 3 games due to cross flexing this year. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got one of these 

spacer.png

man do I love the red and silver. These would make for an amazing alternate. Replace the color rush with these bad boys with silver pants with a red stripe and red socks (do a red jersey game and a 90’s throwback game).

11 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Snowflake and fire emojis continue to ruin teams' looks, as fans think it's cool to beg for all one color and post those emojis at the end. Will never grasp my head around that.

My college has been using plain white, purple, and yellow pants, and every time I mention that they would look better with stripes down the sides, all the players say “no but they look so clean...” A plain white pair of pants on a big football guy looks like a big diaper...

The 🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️ thing is an epidemic. 🙄

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

17 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

OMG you are SO correct. FOX Broadcasts look grainy and the colors tend to be duller, as if your TV is on standard setting. CBS broadcasts look crisp, sharp, like your TV's VIVID setting. And on CBS, the colors pop, edges are more defined. Seeing the rainy Seattle turf contrasted with the white/gold of the Saints color rush was BEAUTIFUL. I love when my Redskins are on CBS. Luckily we have 3 games due to cross flexing this year. 

It's ironic because when it was standard definition, FOX was a lot clearer than CBS. It flipped when they went HD (IMO)

spacer.png

spacer.png

10 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

My college has been using plain white, purple, and yellow pants, and every time I mention that they would look better with stripes down the sides, all the players say “no but they look so clean...” A plain white pair of pants on a big football guy looks like a big diaper...

The 🔥❄️🔥❄️🔥❄️ thing is an epidemic. 🙄

"Clean" is such a lazy excuse for any abundance of white in a uniform

On 9/24/2019 at 10:31 AM, ARTnSocal said:

Tennessee is gonna go white on white for their game in Atlanta . . . and they're going to be styling up the place with SOLID WHITE SOCKS again.

Howwa 'bout that!! 🙄

Now if they could break out the white bottoms for at least one home game...

21 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Fox broadcasts games in 720p while CBS and NBC broadcast in 1080p which is why Fox broadcasts look grainy and not as good. I wonder why they still have not upgraded to 1080p because most TVs now are 4k so they are way far behind

Are you serious? It's 2019 and FOX is still broadcasting in 720p? how has this not been addressed yet? 

25 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Pats are wearing their alternate uniforms 3 times: vs the Giants, Browns, and Chiefs.

Hmm so regular home jerseys for the Cowboys game? Wonder why Bill isn’t doing white jerseys.

Also, hope one of those games is silver pants but probably not.

I hope the Eagles (if they wear all white again tonight) lose handily and have no choice but to change it up and wear white over green at Minnesota. That would be a great-looking game and avoid double white pants. At least Green Bay has green jerseys and colored pants.

Nice to see the Pats change it up against the Chiefs finally. We keep seeing the same match up every time, even though it is nice and symmetrical. and finally they realized they can't beat the G-men in their home navies.

8 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I hope the Eagles (if they wear all white again tonight) lose handily and have no choice but to change it up and wear white over green at Minnesota.

Crazy theory time: 

Maybe uniforms don’t impact a team’s performance. They’ve been doing white/white as the primary road look for what, 3 years now? They’ve lost multiple times in this combo since then. A loss in it tonight won’t change the mind of whoever makes their uniform decisions. 

1 hour ago, Froob said:

Do the Packers white pants still exist? Should do one green jersey one pants home and one road all white pants game.

Packers wore their all white color rush last year vs the Seahawks so I'm guessing they'll wear it once on the road again

Archived