2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

Absolute shocker, Bills will be in red color rush on Sunday 

That sounds like utter nonsense.

If that's the case please post your source / link ...

The BILLS have not yet released any announcement to what uniform choice they've made for Sunday's home game vs Miami. That is normally posted on Twitter and Instagram on the Wednesday preceding the game...

FYI The Redskins will be wearing their throwbacks this week. Although I have other more direct means to knowing this info (ironically for this message board, I work for the NFL), I have friend who are season ticket holders and the ticket stub for this week's game has throwback photos of Sammy Baugh, Sonny Jurgensen, and Doug Williams on it. The Redskins only do this when they are wearing their throwback unis for their homecoming game - as opposed to normal games in which the ticket stubs have photos of current players. 

I assume this uniform will be phased out in 3 years, and replaced by a new throwback for the Redskins 90th anniversary. My hunch is that they will roll with an iteration of these 1950's: spacer.png

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

I have absolutely no basis for this, just want to throw a prediction out there. I think the Broncos will debut orange pants out of nowhere similar to the Ravens debuting purple pants and the Saints debuting white pants similarly out of nowhere.

In 2006 the Titans did that when they introduced Columbia Blue pants for ther first time since changing from the Oilers.

29 minutes ago, Froob said:

Lions in blue and grey and Packer in color rush. Huh, kinda like it. Packers color rush is great. I would have liked to see Lions with blue pants on the road tho.

Really? I'm personally offended. The Packers look like a double road team even though they're at home.

Traditional division rivalry games should be played in traditional uniforms. At least in the NFC North.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Really? I'm personally offended. The Packers look like a double road team even though they're at home.

Traditional division rivalry games should be played in traditional uniforms. At least in the NFC North.

I dunno, I kinda like teams wearing color on the road here and there.

10 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

FYI The Redskins will be wearing their throwbacks this week. Although I have other more direct means to knowing this info (ironically for this message board, I work for the NFL), I have friend who are season ticket holders and the ticket stub for this week's game has throwback photos of Sammy Baugh, Sonny Jurgensen, and Doug Williams on it. The Redskins only do this when they are wearing their throwback unis for their homecoming game - as opposed to normal games in which the ticket stubs have photos of current players. 

I assume this uniform will be phased out in 3 years, and replaced by a new throwback for the Redskins 90th anniversary. My hunch is that they will roll with an iteration of these 1950's: spacer.png

Ok real question here is what’s going on with number 14s face mask?

When I said a few years ago that the Packers should have a pair of white pants in the set, I meant that it should be a road alternate only for games against the Steelers, Rams, Redskins, and maybe Saints: in other words, just there to differentiate all the legs so that they're not all gold. I certainly didn't envision it being used against the Lions, and definitely not at home, where, like the Bears, the Packers should never wear anything but the familiar green and gold. It's hard to get to Lambeau Field, I wouldn't want to finally make it to a Packers game and have them not look like The Packers. Dumb all around.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Absolute shocker, Bills will be in red color rush on Sunday 

The shocker is the Packers in white at home. I didn't think Green Bay would do WAH again. Never imagined it.

If Dallas and Green Bay finish in the same place and play each other next year, the Packers should wear their color rush against the Cowboys. The NFC East visits the NFC North for same place finisher games in 2020.

10 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The shocker is the Packers in white at home. I didn't think Green Bay would do WAH again. Never imagined it.

If Dallas and Green Bay finish in the same place and play each other next year, the Packers should wear their color rush against the Cowboys. The NFC East visits the NFC North for same place finisher games in 2020.

Wait, so I have always known about the same place finisher matchups and how they're structured. But does one division always visit another division in same place finisher matchups? I thought they just alternated the individual matchups - I didn't know that it was the whole entire division visiting the other division. 

11 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Ok real question here is what’s going on with number 14s face mask?

No clue, but that is one UGLY look. Also is it just me or do the helmets of pre-1980's NFL look like they were extremely uncomfortable? Like it looks as if you are wearing a hard plastic shell on your head without any padding. lol 

Archived