2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

15 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Nope. Teams can only wear alternates 3 times per year. Color rush is not mandatory anymore so teams can choose up to 3 games per year that they wear whatever alternates they want

Right. And the Jags' "color rush" option is the all teal. So teal can be worn one more time if teal is designated as the alt. But if teal was never designated as the alt, they could in essence make black that. 

Go A's!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'm pretty sure the general rule is 3 times regardless of whether it's considered Color Rush or not, but the Ravens have worn their alternate black 3 times each of the past 2 seasons in addition to Color Rush, so i wouldn't rule anything out just yet.

They can wear the color rush to make it a 4th time wearing teal because that is their designated color rush 

1 hour ago, redskinsfan007 said:

This would be SO MUCH BETTER than the plain white pants. I would even vouch for these being a permanent road uniform set. Man, do NFL teams not have any aesthetically-minded people on their staff? 

Why vouch?  

They have nice gold pants that they've long worn with the white jerseys, and they matched the gold helmets quite  beautifully too, UNTIL NIKE took over in 2012 and can't seem to get the pants material in a true metallic.  The NFL needs to return to Reebock or some other, because NIKE has ruined a lot of nice looking NFL uniforms..

Their throwback socks would look way better with the white pants than those solid colored white ones which they've now worn .. have no striping on the side of the pants, and New Orleans needs to go back to the gold numbers with the white jerseys.  They've totally managed to downgrade a beautiful looking Super Bowl winning 2009 uniform set which Reebok did such a great job with that season, not to mention the AFL-50 Legacys ones.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:53 PM, jn8 said:

Nah, the Rams aren’t the ones ruining this, that “honor” belongs to the Ravens. The Rams’ gold is their second best look (granted, it’s a looong way down to third) and one of, if not the best of the color rush uniforms (again, not much competition there). If it was matched up against the Ravens in all white or white/purple it would be a solid matchup. 

Maybe "ruined" was a harsh term and poor choice of wording, but I just would have much preferred their throwback blue over gold. Also, I meant that the Rams dictated it being a Color Rush game — after all they had that choice, since they are at home, and announced it well in advance — so the Ravens seem to be simply following suit to also participate, as they have always previously done since 2016 when on the road against a team sporting CR (e.g. Steelers, Browns & Chargers, respectively, over a span of several seasons).

Granted, this is assuming they are in fact peculiarly wearing the purple CR away for the first time ever. Who knows, maybe their website stating CR means white jersey + white pants? However, it doesn't read that way when taking into account that all other games where they are planning on wearing white jerseys, it states as such: "Jersey Color: White". Personally, I know I will be pining all game long for this envisioned preference: black/white/purple/black (Ravens' best road attire IMHO) vs. navy/blue/gold/blue (Rams' best overall uniform IMHO).

On 10/23/2019 at 2:26 PM, Froob said:

I think this matchup is awesome lol. To each their own, but purple vs yellow will be a lot of fun. Don’t get to see that every day.

Same here! After all, if we can't get the (subjectively) best possible attires for each respective franchise, then don't give us the worst: color head-to-toe vs. white neck-to-knee. What a rush of color, eh? Much like so many CR games ever since said concept has been created, it often merely remains a typical NFL game in terms of uniform match-ups, whether due to clashing hues being paired together — thus messing with color-blind folks — or simply coming down to goofy team choices/preferences.

spacer.png

Well, back when they first wore this in 2016, the only other time, I said then that I didn't need to see it again. And I was right... I didn't.

Maybe they feel they need to drag these out every 3 years just to justify selling them?  Ugh. If they really feel that they absolutely must have an alt, a 60's throwback would be massively better.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Well, back when they first wore this in 2016, the only other time, I said then that I didn't need to see it again. And I was right... I didn't.

Maybe they feel they need to drag these out every 3 years just to justify selling them?  Ugh. If they really feel that they absolutely must have an alt, a 60's throwback would be massively better.

I'd like to see how they do with the white pants. I know we have madden for that, but I'm talking about the real life thing.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

It would be nice to see a throwback, I just don't think it would look very good with the matte finish on the helmets.

3 hours ago, duxrcool048 said:

It would be nice to see a throwback, I just don't think it would look very good with the matte finish on the helmets.

I think they could get away with a Moss era throwback. The helmet was close enough in shade to the current one.

Moss1050.jpg?75108

bSLCtu2.png

2019 NFL Week 8 Uniform Matchups: Throwbacks, ColorRush, Orange Bears

October 27, 2019 - 15:53 PM

If you’re a fan of throwback or monochromatic uniforms, well friend, you’re in for a treat here in Week Eight of the 2019 NFL season. Minnesota, Buffalo, New Orleans, Tennessee, Indianapolis, New England, and Pittsburgh are either all wearing matching […]

Read More...

Archived