2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red cleats/accessories really perks up their set to acceptable levels. 

More red please

spacer.png

He seems to be the only one that knows or wants to use their red accent as a true color choice

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good job over the course of the year Derrick Henry. You've turned a terrible look into something tolerable. 

Titans navy bottoms already confirmed last night. Why can't at least one of the weird parallelogram things on the pants be light blue, or at least the socks? (I mocked that up below). This combo has such an odd color distribution. There is no light blue below the waist and you can barely see it on the number trim or armpits since the players arms cover it most of the time.

q20jHzz.jpg

I appear to be in the minority who prefers the current look over the previous. It's a couple tweaks away from being really good. 

The navy helmet could use some work, but IMHO it's better than the white helmet. Give it a slightly thicker stripe and ditch the extra outline and boom, you've got a decent look. A white or powder blue helmet would've been preferred, but neither really seem to fit the brand. 

The numbers either need to be thicker or ditch the outline completely, with my preference leaning towards the former rather than the latter. I think the current outline, especially on the white jersey, makes the digits appear thinner than they really are. I even think the new number font is better than the previous 90s/2000s rounded robotic looking font that really only suits the Arizona Wildcats, in my perfect world. The shoulder design doesn't bother me that much so it gets a pass, same with the underarm area. In fact, I don't even realize it's there half the time. 

While the pants stripe leaves much to be desired, it's at least consistent with the striping pattern on the helmet and jersey. Meanwhile, in the last set, you had three different patterns with very little resemblance between them. And with the socks, at this point, socks don't really bother me much with the way teams seem to ignore them and how they fit with the rest of the uniform each week. Frustrating for some, I know, but it's a mute point when looking at the main aspects of the uniform these days. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Titans fan here. Initially I hated the Titans redesign because I wanted a light blue helmet which would have been unique in the league. Of course I also had my own ideas for what the Titans should ideally look like so when the redesign was unveiled I naturally hated it because it didn't resemble anything close to my idea.

Having said that, the new look has grown on me. Don't throw tomatoes at me but I kinda like them. It really isn't that bad and some slight polishes would fix them. The only combo I dislike is the Navy/Navy look but all non white monochromes are basically Satan to me. The numerals are way better than their dated old look. I wish they had started this run with the White/Light Blue combo as it looks good. In some ways the White/Navy look perfectly suits their style of play better than their other combos. In my opinion the Titans should ideally have a rather austere look to them anyway.

If I had to rank their combinations it'd go

1a/1b. White/Light Blue or Light Blue/White

2. Light Blue/Navy

4. White/Navy

5. Navy/White

24 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I appear to be in the minority who prefers the current look over the previous. It's a couple tweaks away from being really good. 

The navy helmet could use some work, but IMHO it's better than the white helmet. Give it a slightly thicker stripe and ditch the extra outline and boom, you've got a decent look. A white or powder blue helmet would've been preferred, but neither really seem to fit the brand. 

The numbers either need to be thicker or ditch the outline completely, with my preference leaning towards the former rather than the latter. I think the current outline, especially on the white jersey, makes the digits appear thinner than they really are. I even think the new number font is better than the previous 90s/2000s rounded robotic looking font that really only suits the Arizona Wildcats, in my perfect world. The shoulder design doesn't bother me that much so it gets a pass, same with the underarm area. In fact, I don't even realize it's there half the time. 

While the pants stripe leaves much to be desired, it's at least consistent with the striping pattern on the helmet and jersey. Meanwhile, in the last set, you had three different patterns with very little resemblance between them. And with the socks, at this point, socks don't really bother me much with the way teams seem to ignore them and how they fit with the rest of the uniform each week. Frustrating for some, I know, but it's a mute point when looking at the main aspects of the uniform these days. 

I think that's why it's so terrible. What's the point if it's gonna be covered up by players arms, and unnoticeable. It would have at least made more sense if it was a full side panel. I mean Nike made sure everyone could see the red swoosh as a part of the look, so why couldn't they catch this? In like 3 years, this look is gonna be dated.

I do agree that the new helmet is better than the old white one. It's really grown on me. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

With the Titans talk that going on, I thought of a way to fix the uniform, which might involve overhauling-but-not-overhauling.

• Columbia Blue Primary Jersey, Flip Number Colors
  • Pick Silver or Gray on the Shoulder, Helmet Stripe, and Pants, Preferably Silver
  • Change the Helmet Color. The "Navy" isn't horrible, but Silver, White, or Columbia would look much better
  • Kill the Side Panels and replace the number font with the Social font or Block.
  • Make better use of Red on Jersey and Pants rather than just on the Swoosh

At this rate, with all my Ideas on different teams' Uniforms, I'd better just get started on my own Concept series then. Would most likely be hand drawn if done. If anybody knows any easy-to-use online forms of making concepts, a DM would be nice.

da0Lbhs.png

12 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Oh, they've needed a new look even before that Super Bowl.

Thank the lawd the Falcons finally realized these uniforms have sucked since the day they came out!  Now we just need Broncos, Cardinals, Patriots and Bengals to ditch their FUBU jersey templates and go back to something classic. I hope the Falcons don't screw it up. 

17 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

This looks so much better when you compare it to what the Titans wear now...

To be fair, those uniforms were already ruined before they changed them. The yoke had been reduced to more of a racing stripe that was barely visible from certain angles. The collar didn't contrast anymore. And they always wore the worst possible combos that made the helmet stick out like a sore thumb.

The new look is fixable with some tweaks. There was no salvaging this mess of a uniform:

spacer.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived