2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

More important: Why did the 49ers get a helmet but the Chiefs didn't?

Because, as stated already, that's what the 49ers wanted. If the Chiefs requested, they could have a Helmet in their End Zone, but alas...

da0Lbhs.png

40 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Not a fan one of throwback endzone and one current one. Throws off the balance of the field. One great thing about Super Bowl fields through the years, for the most part, was the overall consistency of the field

Yea I have no problem with the throwback script for the niners. (As a fan, it’s what we want)  Just wish either both teams had the helmet or both had the logos.  The nfc logo niners use during regular season, wish both teams did that also for Super Bowl also. 

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

Not a fan one of throwback endzone and one current one. Throws off the balance of the field. One great thing about Super Bowl fields through the years, for the most part, was the overall consistency of the field

One could argue that last year's Super Bowl had this same issue a la the Rams. Granted they used a new wordmark, but the helmet (which reflected the uniforms worn) was a throwback.

The major problem with the endzones for me is that the Chiefs are wearing red but they don't have red endzones but the 49ers do and they are wearing white. I personally would think it would look better if the 49ers had a gold endzone and the chiefs had red because it would match the uniforms better

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

The major problem with the endzones for me is that the Chiefs are wearing red but they don't have red endzones but the 49ers do and they are wearing white. I personally would think it would look better if the 49ers had a gold endzone and the chiefs had red because it would match the uniforms better

When was the last time the Chiefs actually used a red endzone? My 2 minute search the only photo I saw with a red endzone arrowhead still had astroturf. 

Really wish they'd standardize the endzones again helmet - wordmark - conference logo. 

5 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

When was the last time the Chiefs actually used a red endzone? My 2 minute search the only photo I saw with a red endzone arrowhead still had astroturf. 

Really wish they'd standardize the endzones again helmet - wordmark - conference logo. 

The Chiefs used red endzones from 1972 to 1979, and again from 1984 to 1993. They used red endzones many more year than yellow, (the 2019 season is the first season since 1971), but given that this year is the first they've done a full paint of the endzones and it was yellow, the yellow makes more sense. Plus, the Chiefs have never gone with a red endzone on grass.

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's a look of the full field with a first coat of paint. The endzones and teamboxes will certainly be colored at least one more time.

012320201828_l.jpg

LOVE both of them in a vaccuum. Just wish they matched. 

Last yellow endzone in the SB was 99 rams, correct? (technically gold Saints in 09)

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, tohasbo said:

I remember that happening for the Ravens as well in Super Bowl XXXV

ZqaiNF0.jpg

It always bugged me that the patches for that game were so small. Now i think at times bowl patches are too big. 

Image result for texas alamo bowl 2019

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

Here's a look of the full field with a first coat of paint. The endzones and teamboxes will certainly be colored at least one more time.

012320201828_l.jpg

It's annoying how much of the end zone isn't used since they pulled the helmet closer to the middle. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't really have a problem with it that they didn't use helmets for both teams.  The Rams used a helmet last year and the Patriots did not.  I am just stoked that we have anyone but the Pats in the Super Bowl.  I have been wanting a Chief Niner super bowl since Montana/Young.  

3 hours ago, pitt6pack said:

The Chiefs used red endzones from 1972 to 1979, and again from 1984 to 1993. They used red endzones many more year than yellow, (the 2019 season is the first season since 1971), but given that this year is the first they've done a full paint of the endzones and it was yellow, the yellow makes more sense. Plus, the Chiefs have never gone with a red endzone on grass.

They went with a red end zone in 1994 with grass when the Montana led Chiefs played the Young led 49ers.  Then after that they stopped painting it red. 

It's now bugging me how the Chiefs logo on the sidelines are NOT facing the other way. Man, the NFL have been terrible with the Super Bowl fields recently. 

Edit: So I did some research and apparently, it's always been like that. I wish I never noticed. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, insert name said:

It's now bugging me how the Chiefs logo on the sidelines are NOT facing the other way. Man, the NFL have been terrible with the Super Bowl fields recently. 

Edit: So I did some research and apparently, it's always been like that. I wish I never noticed. 

That's probably for the hard camera side. Though how much of that is actually visible with all the players  equipment, sideline crew occupy that space.

10 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

My point isn't that the endzones should be consistent with what they have been doing the whole year it's just that the 49ers did red and the chiefs didn't and the chiefs are wearing red so in that case it looks kind of odd

16 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

i think it looks alright. the chiefs' logo and wordmark are about as old as the stuff in the 49ers end zone. 

Archived