2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Bucs wearing RED for 7 home games!! That has to be a record. Only white at home is oddly in Week 10 vs. Arizona.

1) Just like the Titans oddly wore white at home last year in week 16 vs Washington.

2) Maybe Arians feels that white at home is too wimpy.

34 minutes ago, S316 said:

I think that every NFL team should wear their colored jerseys at home all the time and yes this includes the Cowboys too.

The Cowboys are wearing blue tops with #ColorRush pants for their home games vs the Vikings and Rams.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I like their Color Rush choices, but disappointed with orange jersey selection. Also can't remember the last time they didn't wear it twice.

This is the first time they've only worn them once, as far as I know. I wonder if Zac Taylor doesnt like them?

5 hours ago, crosfam said:

I am growing to hate the giants white pants.  Love the helmet. Really like the unique B/W and W/R jerseys. Both look better with old school gray pants IMHO. The W/W throwback alt set is cool, with or without throwback helmet decals.  

The Giants' white pants are terrible. The gray inner stripes make zero sense outside of the connection to the actual gray pants.  Why wear a faithful heritage look, and then partially screw it up?  If they don't want the true throwback anymore, then start over.

IMO the Giants had a near perfect look, so the white pants piss me off probably more than they should.

I, for one, am sick of the Bills wearing white for their first home game. The only time I'm okay with it is if they're wearing the white AFL throwbacks. But in a perfect world, the Bills would wear blue at home eight times a year, just like they used to.

Oh, and they should bring back the '65 home throwbacks and wear them at home against the Dolphins (in their new white AFL throwbacks), and then wear the white throwbacks in Miami (in their aqua AFL throwbacks). It would be the two best looking matchups every year.

Miami+Dolphins+v+Buffalo+Bills+4ocnnFdcG

636503956739086761-GettyImages-900132848

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Surprised Giants aren't wearing color rush vs the Redskins. They have already worn color rush vs the other 2 NFC east teams before. After this year they will have worn color rush vs the eagles twice and the cowboys twice.

14 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

So did the Panthers quietly tweak their pants stripes?

Yes, the stripe now tapers all the way down to bottom rather than terminating just before because of them updating to the vapor untouchable template. They also removed the pants logo to get all the stretch they can from the pants.

11 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I, for one, am sick of the Bills wearing white for their first home game. The only time I'm okay with it is if they're wearing the white AFL throwbacks. But in a perfect world, the Bills would wear blue at home eight times a year, just like they used to.

Oh, and they should bring back the '65 home throwbacks and wear them at home against the Dolphins (in their new white AFL throwbacks), and then wear the white throwbacks in Miami (in their aqua AFL throwbacks). It would be the two best looking matchups every year.

636503956739086761-GettyImages-900132848

While I agree with most of what you said in your post I do hope you realize that the Bills AFL throwbacks are really a faux version.

Also, the Bills had never worn white jerseys at home until 1980 when Chuck Knox was head coach.  They also haven't worn white with blue pants at home since 1985, so I wouldn't mind seeing that if they go white jersey.

Anyway that is not how the Bills jerseys looked in 1965, which are the ones replicated.

The TV numbers were on sleeves back then, not on the shoulders.

Also the sleeve striping was different too. The inside blue striping was thicker than the outside red striping which was thinner.

If they had used the 1962/63 throwbacks instead they could have kept it original as the striping was at the very top of the sleeves where it joined the shoulders, so they wouldn't have had to move the TV numbers to the shoulders, but ... the helmet only had a single red stripe.  The two blue outer stripes weren't added until 1965.

Jack Kemp (15)  

1965   👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

Sspacer.png

Daryle Lamonica (12)

Patriot at Bills  28-DEC-1963 👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

spacer.png

13 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

So did the Panthers quietly tweak their pants stripes?

They did, at least they have with their white pants. Dunno what they've done to the black or silver pants yet.

For all four preseason games those are the white pants they've worn, different side pattern.

They've also removed the Panther logo from the pants.

Myself . . I liked the look better before they tweaked it.

15 hours ago, msubulldog said:

1) Just like the Titans oddly wore white at home last year in week 16 vs Washington.

2) Maybe Arians feels that white at home is too wimpy.

I also find it odd that the one white at home game is vs. Arians' old team. Not sure what the thinking was there.

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

What teams wear in practice rarely means anything.

I agree . . with the exception of the helmet.

Buffalo for example, they always seem to practice with the '62 - '73 grazing bison logo on the helmet when wearing the AFL throwbacks for the upcoming game. 

Archived