2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dont care said:

What teams wear in practice rarely means anything.

Can't speak for other teams but I do know that ever since McDermott took over, the Bills offense always practices in whatever color they wear in their game that week. 

7 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

They also haven't worn white with blue pants at home since 1985, so I wouldn't mind seeing that if they go white jersey.

Believe it or not, they actually did for a Thursday night home game against the Dolphins in November 2012. I believe this was their first time wearing white at home in a really long time, too. I wouldn't mind seeing this in their home opener against the Bengals, it could look good against their black over white. 

Image result for bills dolphins 2012

On 9/2/2019 at 6:46 PM, Old School Fool said:

Chargers confirmed they will be wearing powder blue in Oakland on Thursday Night Football, so the Raiders are definitely going to wear 1970 throwbacks again.

Too bad we can't see both teams in throwbacks, but I'll take it! It's as close as we'll get to the replicating the 2009 MNF opener...

spacer.png

17 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

Chargers ruined a great uniform matchup by deciding to wear Navy jerseys vs the Packers

I disagree. I think the darker blue clashes better with a lighter color like yellow. Plus they'll be wearing powder blue against Pittsburgh anyway, so I am quite okay with this.

8 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I disagree. I think the darker blue clashes better with a lighter color like yellow. Plus they'll be wearing powder blue against Pittsburgh anyway, so I am quite okay with this.

I would rather them wear navy vs an AFC team because they don't play the Packers very often

On 8/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 1 (Part2)
Colts @ Chargers

Bengals @ Seahawks

Giants @ Cowboys
Xlfarhb.jpguPoTbVX.jpg
49ers @ Buccaneers

Lions @ Cardinals

Steelers @ Patriots

Texans @ Saints

Broncos @ Raiders

This could change so don't quote me 10,000%- but the think the Giants will wear their gray pants for this game, even though at home they usually pair their blue jerseys with white pants, when they play IN dallas they usually wear gray pants. I know it doesn't make a ton of sense, but I believe that will be the case again this year.  Only 85% sure on this though. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

6 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills going with blue pants this week. Interesting that the little video shows the player in solid red socks but I don't think there's anything to that

When the red socks first came out in 1981 they didn't look as good to me with the blue pants, not like the white striped socks did, as that's what was worn before that. The red would still be better than those blue striped socks that are currently worn.

What the Bills need is to bring back the white striped socks when wearing them.  The blue upper part of the socks that are currently worn ruin the look of the blue pants. Too leotard looking.

Joe Cribbs (20)

Oakland at Buffalo

28-SEP-1980 

spacer.png

7 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills going with blue pants this week. Interesting that the little video shows the player in solid red socks but I don't think there's anything to that

I wonder if they'll repeat that next week vs the Giants in "Snoopy Stadium"? 

2 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Are teams going to be forced to wear those ugly 100 yr patch’s all season long?

I would assume so. Personally, I don’t mind them. The design isn’t great, but it’s small, it’s hidden on the collar and will only be seen in close-ups, so I don’t see any reason to get too worked up about it

I really feel like last night was a missed opportunity.  The Bears have a white throwback and the Packers have a blue throwback, so why not wear those?

I get the idea of going with your best look in a nationally televised game.  However, I believe the idea of going all in on the 100th Season theme during the first game of the season far outweighs that concept.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I really feel like last night was a missed opportunity.  The Bears have a white throwback and the Packers have a blue throwback, so why not wear those?

I get the idea of going with your best look in a nationally televised game.  However, I believe the idea of going all in on the 100th Season theme during the first game of the season far outweighs that concept.

The Bears throwback doesn't take away the look of their identity, but the Packers throwback sure does. 

It's awful and a very poor throwback so I'm glad those weren't worn last nite. 

Archived