canzman

2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I wondered this too, but they may fly back to Buffalo in between. Plus they never seem to wear blue pants against other blue teams (NYG in 2011, last 2 meetings at Indy)

"They may fly back to Buffalo in between" ??

It's a 45 minute flight from Newark to Buffalo-NF Airport . . They WILL absolutely fly back after the game   🙂

It's hard to predict what they'll wear the following week against the Giants. Last year they lost home-opener against the Chargers wearing white-on-white so we thought they'd go white-on-blue the following week in Minnesota since they lost to Chargers, but they went white-on-white again .. and upset the Vikings.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:36 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

Too bad we can't see both teams in throwbacks, but I'll take it! It's as close as we'll get to the replicating the 2009 MNF opener...

spacer.png

The Chargers current powder blues are NOT throwbacks as worn for AFL-50 Legacy in 2009 as the photo that you posted above.

Since then they've totally ruined what was a great look. They changed the jersey number font, moved the TV numbers to shoulders, rearranged the lightning bolt design on the jersey, no numbers on helmets etc etc ..  

They tampered with perfection and I don't even like them anymore.

I think there's a good chance the Raiders will wear their color-rush white jersey with the silver numbers on the jersey which were primary last in 1970, but I doubt they'll wear their white color rush pants, I don't think they like those.  Also doubtful that we'll see their original 1963 helmet logo that they wore for AFL-50 Legacy games in 2009, I like that logo.

Raiders wore those throwback style jerseys in SF last season, those look mighty good. 

spacer.png

These .. IMO .. are nowhere near as nice as the throwbacks that were worn in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy.

I was gutted when they altered them into these.👇🏼👇🏼👇🏼

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ARTnSocal said:

"They may fly back to Buffalo in between" ??

It's a 45 minute flight from Newark to Buffalo-NF Airport . . They WILL absolutely fly back after the game   🙂

It's hard to predict what they'll wear the following week against the Giants. Last year they lost home-opener against the Chargers wearing white-on-white so we thought they'd go white-on-blue the following week in Minnesota since they lost to Chargers, but they went white-on-white again .. and upset the Vikings.

It was implied that since the team would play in the same stadium 2 weeks in a row that they would only carry one pair of pants, as some teams do, but yes I guess it is foolish to think they'd actually stay in town. Didn't quite think that through.

15 hours ago, jn8 said:

I would assume so. Personally, I don’t mind them. The design isn’t great, but it’s small, it’s hidden on the collar and will only be seen in close-ups, so I don’t see any reason to get too worked up about it

The problem I have is it makes an already busy jersey look overly busy and clash’s with some jersey designs.

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

The problem I have is it makes an already busy jersey look overly busy and clash’s with some jersey designs.

Fair enough, I guess. I just don’t see what you’re worried about though 

MG7KygP.jpg

W7d7IYt.jpg

To me, they’re pretty small and out of the way, just like the NFL shield on the collar every other year. But to each their own 🤷‍♂️

What the Bears have is a little much though, but they’re the only team (to my knowledge) doing it like this:

H5ukTnI.jpg

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Fair enough, I guess. I just don’t see what you’re worried about though 

To me, they’re pretty small and out of the way, just like the NFL shield on the collar every other year. But to each their own 🤷‍♂️

What the Bears have is a little much though, but they’re the only team (to my knowledge) doing it like this:

Yeah I thought they were all wearing them, didn’t even notice the packers weren’t wearing them.

3 hours ago, jn8 said:

H5ukTnI.jpg

Well there's only 2 NFL teams that would be eligible to do that, da Bears and AZ Cardinals who are both in their 100th year in the NFL this season.

Green Bay didn't enter until 1921 so next season in 2020 will be their 100th year anniversary in the NFL.

Looks like Chicago is the only one to go that route because from what I've seen the Cardinals are going to have the 100-NFL badge sewn into their centre collar like the other 30 clubs.

If Chicago had the 100-NFL badge sewn into their jersey collars it would be kinda silly since the NFL century logo is very much identical to the design on their very own 100-Bears logo.

Here is the current AZ Cardinals jersey below:

spacer.png

7 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

The Chargers current powder blues are NOT throwbacks as worn for AFL-50 Legacy in 2009 as the photo that you posted above.

You misinterpreted what I wrote. I said it's "CLOSE to replicating the 2009 MNF opener" because I'm well aware that the Chargers have not worn the AFL throwbacks in a decade. I thought I was making myself clear but obviously I wasn't. I should have said that I wish both teams could wear their AFL throwbacks like they did in '09.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:27 AM, aaa333bbb said:

Bills going with blue pants this week. Interesting that the little video shows the player in solid red socks but I don't think there's anything to that

I hope it's not a mistake! I've been waiting for the return of the red socks since the current blue pants were introduced in 2012. I think it's going to be a great look, if it is in fact what they'll be wearing.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:22 PM, ARTnSocal said:

spacer.png

I wouldn't mind if they brought those striped socks back, in fact those would look good with any of their current looks. But I have to say, I'm always going to be partial to the red socks if they're wearing blue pants.

joe-ferguson.jpg

56 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I hope it's not a mistake! I've been waiting for the return of the red socks since the current blue pants were introduced in 2012. I think it's going to be a great look, if it is in fact what they'll be wearing.

I wouldn't mind if they brought those striped socks back, in fact those would look good with any of their current looks. But I have to say, I'm always going to be partial to the red socks if they're wearing blue pants.

joe-ferguson.jpg

Well, that does look a helluva lot better, so we'll see on Sunday morning.  Who knows, maybe the Bills really did order some red socks to wear with the blue pants.

Several fans have long complained about the socks they've been wearing with the blue pants, and how the upper part should be white, not blue.  Yet the striping is perfect the way it matches the sleeve striping.

I gotta wonder, why did the Instagram post and the Tweet show red socks?  Hopefully it wasn't just an error.  In case anyone had noticed, both of the jerseys had the 100-NFL logo sewn into the collar, yet with red socks.  🤔

12 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Well there's only 2 NFL teams that would be eligible to do that, da Bears and AZ Cardinals who are both in their 100th year in the NFL this season.

Green Bay didn't enter until 1921 so next season in 2020 will be their 100th year anniversary in the NFL.

Looks like Chicago is the only one to go that route because from what I've seen the Cardinals are going to have the 100-NFL badge sewn into their centre collar like the other 30 clubs.

If Chicago had the 100-NFL badge sewn into their jersey collars it would be kinda silly since the NFL century logo is very much identical to the design on their very own 100-Bears logo.

It is the 100th season for the Cardinals, but the problem is the team says they began in 1898 thus making them the oldest team in the league in their mind.They celebrated a 100th Anniversary in 1998, but it wasn't a 100th season.

1998_Arizona.png

Per the Week 1 NFL Capsules, each team has their own NFL100 logo, regardless of how long they have been in the league.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It is the 100th season for the Cardinals, but the problem is the team says they began in 1898 thus making them the oldest team in the league in their mind. They celebrated a 100th Anniversary in 1998, but it wasn't a 100th season.

YES, it's the 100th anniversary of the Cardinals in the NFL.

Here's the deal, two clubs (AZ, CHI) are celebrating THEIR 100-year anniversary in the NFL, and eight clubs (AFL) are celebrating their 60 year team anniversary..

Green Bay for example, they were established in 1919, but they didn't enter the NFL until year-two in 1921 ..  Cardinals and Bears were both in the League in season-one in 1920.  

I'm curious to see tomorrow if the Cardinals wear an extra patch, along with the original 8 AFL clubs, and if the Bills have theirs sewn on.  If anything, I'd prefer to see red socks debut, to go with the blue pants. 😉 

spacer.png

I wonder if come Super Bowl LIV, that NFL100 logo will go on midfield the same way the gold shield was at midfield for Super Bowl 50.

Did Minnesota tweak the shade of purple on their helmets? Normally it’s just a bit off of the color of the jerseys, but they look like they’re a closer match now. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me/my tv?

14 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Did Minnesota tweak the shade of purple on their helmets? Normally it’s just a bit off of the color of the jerseys, but they look like they’re a closer match now. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me/my tv?

Yep, they did.

Edit: https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-change-helmet-color-2019. I know it was talked about here at the time.

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I like the Panthers colors and helmet they just need a better logo

The logo is fine, but the helmet needs a better helmet stripe