2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

22 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Not just the black pants, but the black socks too!

spacer.png

Like who actually sits there and says "Hmm blue socks with black pants or black socks with pants? I think the black looks better!"

It's so frustrating.

With blue socks, I love that look from the neck down. But the helmet still throws the look off.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

What font are they using? It’s really nice for the ravens brand, they need to use it officially

I ran through their Instagram for a deep dive. This is only the second season of that font. They're embracing it very much with the giveaways, posters, social media, etc. I call it the "Never Less" font since last year's motto was "Always More. Never Less."

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

NOTHING but nothing can match AFL-50 Legacy of 2009 when all 8 AFL clubs had both home and away throwback uniforms, plus Dalllas with their original home uni's from 1960-1963.

The one helmet-shell rule has ruined everything for NFL-100.

Stuff like this is what the NFL is afraid of. https://www.theroot.com/former-nfl-fullback-leron-mcclain-posts-heart-wrenching-1837584870

5 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I’m not gonna pretend like I know everything so I would really appreciate it if someone explained this to me.

How does wearing the same helmet better protect the head? Wouldn’t it lose its protection from all the wear and tear after a while? 

XM4KeeA.png

4 minutes ago, insert name said:

I’m not gonna pretend like I know everything so I would really appreciate it if someone explained this to me.

How does wearing the same helmet better protect the head? Wouldn’t it lose its protection from all the wear and tear after a while? 

I’m going to guess it was only done to look good in court when they have to argue they’ve taken measures.

7 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Actually, Miami isn't doing that either.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but . . The Dolphins throwback facemask is gray, not aqua.

Also the pants belt I think is white, not aqua.

I don't think they had a colored facemask until the 80s, and a colored belt until the 70s. 

and yes, that's what the Steelers are planning to wear, their mono-black color-rush uni's.

Also the pant striping of (both) their throwbacks is aqua-orange-aqua, which was only worn with this uniform in their expansion year of 1966...

spacer.png

from 1967 to 1985 the striping was orange-aqua-orange....

spacer.png

8 hours ago, G-tron said:

Wait, so the Dolphins will be wearing their white throwback unis against the Steelers who will be wearing their color rush uniforms? When the Steelers could just as easily wear their own throwback uniforms and give us this?

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=single-weekly&game_id=1984_MIA-PIT^6

1984_MIA_1.png1984_PIT_2.png

And they're not doing that?? C'mon man!!

Not even just that, I think the Dolphins are just going to wear all white socks and do a Color Rush. In Madden 20 it lists the throwback but white socks and cleats as the 2019 Color Rush uniform. I'm pretty sure this is how they got away with two throwback uniforms, the white technically being Color Rush but they swap in striped socks instead sometimes.

bSLCtu2.png

20 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

I knew it, I just knew that once Richardson sold the Panthers that little by little they were going to screw up what was a really nice uniform set.  I'm not even talking about the black or Carolina blue pants that have since been added to their collection. 

The black and blue pants were added in 2012 and 2015, a few years before Richardson sold the team. However, your point still stands because they only started messing with combos after the sale.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Not even just that, I think the Dolphins are just going to wear all white socks and do a Color Rush. In Madden 20 it lists the throwback but white socks and cleats as the 2019 Color Rush uniform. I'm pretty sure this is how they got away with two throwback uniforms, the white technically being Color Rush but they swap in striped socks instead sometimes.

There's no "getting away" with anything. First of all, there is no more mandatory Color Rush, and a team can have two alternate uniforms, as long as one is designated as a throwback. Note how last year the Bears wore throwback "Monster of the Midway" unis and an alternate orange jersey....neither were considered Color Rush.

Archived