2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Being a Vikings fan, I have the Saints, but My God, do they look good in Black on Gold. Based on their performance today though, they're probably not going tower it the rest of the year. If I were them, it would make sense to do what the Cowboys and Raiders do and wear the old Ripon/Reebok dazzle pants with the Current jerseys. Would be a big improvement and make the pants Gold like it's supposed to be, and not Beige.

That would be great in a perfect NFL world, but unfortunately the 32 NFL teams can only wear Nike products.

Too bad too, because I really liked what Reebok was doing thru the 2011 season, and their masterful job with the AFL-50 Legacy uniforms during the 2009 season. Then enter Nike in 2012 and those sweat stains along with the toilet-bowl collars and they can't even make metallic pants for SF and NO to match their helmets.

Vikings had to change their helmet color due to Nike being unable to match their shade of purple.  Yet Nike is pretty good with the soccer kits, go figure?

5 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Yet the one team that should have worn solid white socks today were the Baltimore Ravens, to go with those brilliant looking purple pants of theirs.

The black socks are just too dark to bring out the accent in the purple pants, so a set of solid white socks would have done total justice for them today, the only thing they didn't get quite right.  They should just shelve the black pants for when they wear their white jerseys.

spacer.png

The purple/black striped socks the Ravens used to wear before 2004 would look great with the purple pants.

webANXnflamgamebr01.jpg?quality=60&mode=

5 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Eagles at Falcons on Sunday night is a matchup that’s just screaming Reebok circa 2005 to me.

If only the Eagles would have worn the green pants. Such a missed opportunity.

FALCONS%20eagles%20RA11.JPG

6 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

If only the Eagles would have worn the green pants. Such a missed opportunity.

FALCONS%20eagles%20RA11.JPG

I was actually hoping the Eagles would have worn black socks. It would have looked better than the all white mess last night.

8 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The purple/black striped socks the Ravens used to wear before 2004 would look great with the purple pants.

webANXnflamgamebr01.jpg?quality=60&mode=

Quite right, those socks would go well with their purple pants, too bad they're long gone.

I don't get why so many of these teams don't give much thought to the socks they wear.  The Ravens should probably have white socks with striping that matches their purple pants stripe, and they should always wear the purple pants whenever they don their white jerseys. No need to keep changing it up with all-white or with black pants, the purple just really works.

Keep it consistent like CHI, KC, WSH, and some of the others do.  Should have brought out purple pants a long time ago, I was calling for it since their '96 move away from Cleveland even when they had that silly looking Flintstones helmet logo in their early years in Baltimore. 

As much as I would love to see Detroit in blue pants, I don't see it happening. That would look gorgeous against that midnight green of Philly, but clearly Patricia hates that look.

I'd also put money on the Titans going white socks with the all white, which they did last season before it even became the new inexplicable, horrific trend for this season...Philly looked beyond awful last night. Their entire Twitter feed on their uniform posts was fans asking for the green pants, but the team doesn't seem to care.

2 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 3 (Part1)

Bengals @ Bills

Z0smJif.jpglFbI6EC.jpg

Mr Canzman, sir, this is the second straight week that you've gotten the BILLS uniform set incorrect.

We're not wearing mono-blue uniforms Sunday vs Cincinnati, but will be in white jerseys and most likely the all-white AFL throwbacks according to what I've heard from several insiders at #BillsMafia.

Also the Bengals uniform guide has them scheduled to wear their black jerseys in Orchard Park.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/2/20844692/bengals-2019-uniform-schedule

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

As much as I would love to see Detroit in blue pants, I don't see it happening. That would look gorgeous against that midnight green of Philly, but clearly Patricia hates that look.

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the Lions have abandoned the blue pants again. I don’t recall them having been used since early last season.

38 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like the Lions have abandoned the blue pants again. I don’t recall them having been used since early last season.

The Lions wore them last against da Bears at Soldier Field in November of last season but haven't worn them since, including when they wore their white w/ silver pants against the Bills mono-red color-rush late last season.

Looks awful w/ the Honolulu blue socks.  They should consider wearing the silver-gray color-rush socks with them, if they choose wear them again.  That would most definitely look better. 

They had the right socks for them in 1998 but shelved those pants just as quick as the Colts did their blue ones back in 1995.   Too bad too, the Colts looked awesome in their blue pants and had the most perfect white striped socks to go with them. 

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'd also put money on the Titans going white socks with the all white, which they did last season before it even became the new inexplicable, horrific trend for this season...Philly looked beyond awful last night. Their entire Twitter feed on their uniform posts was fans asking for the green pants, but the team doesn't seem to care.

It makes sense if Tennessee goes white on white, as they did that for two primetime road games last season (MNF @ Dallas and MNF @ Houston)

Archived