2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy, a double whammy!

J-E-T-S are wearing solid black socks with their mono-black uniforms, they blew it!!  Should be wearing green socks, would then be G-B-B-G .. bad choice!

The green socks would compliment the accent of the pants and helmet. Don’t get what these teams are thinking, or NOT thinking I should say.

Brownies too, wearing white on white w/ white socks .. these teams are just killin’ that new sock rule which most of us are now hating. 

On 9/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, RayFinkle said:

I hate the Ravens, but oh man I do kinda like their look today.

The Ravens need to throw out their black pants unless they're going to add a stripe and purple socks. Until then purple (never with the purple jersey) and white pants only.

It baffles me that they have stripes on the purple and white pants but not the black. Same goes for the Saints.

7 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The green is too dark against the black without a white border IMO.

Like I said in the NFL Changes thread, if you weren’t paying close enough attention or didn’t know any better, you could have easily mistaken the Jets for the Jaguars

It's been two weeks and about a quarter of the league has worn white/white/white. Who decided this was the new cool thing to do? It's gotten to the point where it's almost abnormal for at least one opponent not to be in monochrome, especially for primetime games. Would've loved to see Cleveland in orange pants last night.

15 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It's been two weeks and about a quarter of the league has worn white/white/white. Who decided this was the new cool thing to do? It's gotten to the point where it's almost abnormal for at least one opponent not to be in monochrome, especially for primetime games. Would've loved to see Cleveland in orange pants last night.

Would’ve been a fantastic looking game for Fall. Specifically around Halloween.

I’ve resigned to the fact that their will be a few classic teams (packers, Steelers) or all mono dark home and all mono white road (bengals, browns). The other two categories are the oversimplified (jags) or the kitchen sink (Titans, bucs). Maybe I’m that old guy now, but I think this might be the worst I’ve seen teams mix/match in any decade. I applaud what the ravens wore, but they’ll soon break out leotards before you know it. I’ve been begging for socks to change in hopes of limiting leotards, but it just has given us the white leotard instead. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, hormone said:

I’ve resigned to the fact that their will be a few classic teams (packers, Steelers) or all mono dark home and all mono white road (bengals, browns). The other two categories are the oversimplified (jags) or the kitchen sink (Titans, bucs). Maybe I’m that old guy now, but I think this might be the worst I’ve seen teams mix/match in any decade. I applaud what the ravens wore, but they’ll soon break out leotards before you know it. I’ve been begging for socks to change in hopes of limiting leotards, but it just has given us the white leotard instead. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

I like it, socks improving would be nice but as a big NBA guy, I welcome some whacky uniform combos.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, AgentColon2 said:

The green is too dark against the black without a white border IMO.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, DNAsports said:

Like I said in the NFL Changes thread, if you weren’t paying close enough attention or didn’t know any better, you could have easily mistaken the Jets for the Jaguars

So something like this would be better?  I think it would look FAR worse than what the black alternate is

BRWNttQ.png

37 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills in standard white on white this week, not the throwbacks. Was hoping for white on blue but knew it was a long shot

Never got why they need to do one of each. And then we also miss out on a blue game for the stupid color rush game. This will be the 4th time we've seen Buffalo in white on white with this set vs. Cincinnati. Not once have they chosen white on blue.

I'm still trying to figure out why they keep showing these mystery red socks, it's now 3 weeks and counting.

Do they even exist, or do they just like antagonizing us with that silly leotard look with the blue pants?

Archived