canzman

2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

Recommended Posts

 

Oh boy, a double whammy!

 

J-E-T-S are wearing solid black socks with their mono-black uniforms, they blew it!!  Should be wearing green socks, would then be G-B-B-G .. bad choice!

 

The green socks would compliment the accent of the pants and helmet. Don’t get what these teams are thinking, or NOT thinking I should say.

 

Brownies too, wearing white on white w/ white socks .. these teams are just killin’ that new sock rule which most of us are now hating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns should've worn orange socks while the Jets should've worn green socks. The Jets helmet fits very well with the black uniforms though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, RayFinkle said:

I hate the Ravens, but oh man I do kinda like their look today.

 

The Ravens need to throw out their black pants unless they're going to add a stripe and purple socks. Until then purple (never with the purple jersey) and white pants only.

 

It baffles me that they have stripes on the purple and white pants but not the black. Same goes for the Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The green is too dark against the black without a white border IMO.

Like I said in the NFL Changes thread, if you weren’t paying close enough attention or didn’t know any better, you could have easily mistaken the Jets for the Jaguars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been two weeks and about a quarter of the league has worn white/white/white. Who decided this was the new cool thing to do? It's gotten to the point where it's almost abnormal for at least one opponent not to be in monochrome, especially for primetime games. Would've loved to see Cleveland in orange pants last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It's been two weeks and about a quarter of the league has worn white/white/white. Who decided this was the new cool thing to do? It's gotten to the point where it's almost abnormal for at least one opponent not to be in monochrome, especially for primetime games. Would've loved to see Cleveland in orange pants last night.

Would’ve been a fantastic looking game for Fall. Specifically around Halloween.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish the Arizona Cardinals would change those god awful fubu templated jerseys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve resigned to the fact that their will be a few classic teams (packers, Steelers) or all mono dark home and all mono white road (bengals, browns). The other two categories are the oversimplified (jags) or the kitchen sink (Titans, bucs). Maybe I’m that old guy now, but I think this might be the worst I’ve seen teams mix/match in any decade. I applaud what the ravens wore, but they’ll soon break out leotards before you know it. I’ve been begging for socks to change in hopes of limiting leotards, but it just has given us the white leotard instead. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hormone said:

I’ve resigned to the fact that their will be a few classic teams (packers, Steelers) or all mono dark home and all mono white road (bengals, browns). The other two categories are the oversimplified (jags) or the kitchen sink (Titans, bucs). Maybe I’m that old guy now, but I think this might be the worst I’ve seen teams mix/match in any decade. I applaud what the ravens wore, but they’ll soon break out leotards before you know it. I’ve been begging for socks to change in hopes of limiting leotards, but it just has given us the white leotard instead. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

I like it, socks improving would be nice but as a big NBA guy, I welcome some whacky uniform combos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 9:27 AM, AgentColon2 said:

The green is too dark against the black without a white border IMO.

 

On 9/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, DNAsports said:

Like I said in the NFL Changes thread, if you weren’t paying close enough attention or didn’t know any better, you could have easily mistaken the Jets for the Jaguars


So something like this would be better?  I think it would look FAR worse than what the black alternate is

BRWNttQ.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic - with the Browns getting a new uniform next year, what do you guys think of them bringing back the Alabama throwback look that they wore in the past, where the jersey numbers were on the helmets? They could have this design become the full-time look OR maybe just an alternate combo? 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills in standard white on white this week, not the throwbacks. Was hoping for white on blue but knew it was a long shot

 

Never got why they need to do one of each. And then we also miss out on a blue game for the stupid color rush game. This will be the 4th time we've seen Buffalo in white on white with this set vs. Cincinnati. Not once have they chosen white on blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm still trying to figure out why they keep showing these mystery red socks, it's now 3 weeks and counting.

 

Do they even exist, or do they just like antagonizing us with that silly leotard look with the blue pants?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.