2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight is one of very few instances where I don't mind the Titans in white on navy. Teal is close enough to Columbia blue that there is better contrast this way in my opinion. Hopefully this means we'll see Tennessee save the white on light blue for the Week 4 Atlanta game or preferably the Week 6 Denver game when they'll be in navy.

4 hours ago, TSHARE18 said:

Jags are going teal jerseys with black pants tonight, not teal on teal (thank god).

2nd straight TNF matchup with the home team in a light color jersey over black pants. It makes me wish that the Titans would wear Columbia over Navy again.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Krabs said:

The way I look at it, the Jags seemed to have unofficially designated the black jersey as 1 and the teal jersey as 1A, seeing how they wear them in the preseason every year and seem to promote them equally.

Plus, since they wear white at home the first few games, it ends up equaling out anyway, aside from road games when the home team wears white.

Why these NFL teams continue to wear the same color socks as their pants irks me to no end, and they’re both doing it.

and then there’s the dark navy pants clashing with black pants, something that’s not tolerated in many soccer competitions.  

Also . . after Tampa Bay, Tennessee has got the very WORST jersey number font in the entire NFL. Whoever chose those should be tried and convicted, and that’s in addition to the Columbia blue armpit coloring on the white jersey itself.

Kind of wish the Titans took a page out of the Jags uniforms and didn't have the weird gray shoulder things - it would make for a pretty plain jersey, but would be a good mix of modern and classic. Also think it wouldn't look dated a few years from now. 

On 9/17/2019 at 3:28 PM, hormone said:

I’ve resigned to the fact that their will be a few classic teams (packers, Steelers) or all mono dark home and all mono white road (bengals, browns). The other two categories are the oversimplified (jags) or the kitchen sink (Titans, bucs). Maybe I’m that old guy now, but I think this might be the worst I’ve seen teams mix/match in any decade. I applaud what the ravens wore, but they’ll soon break out leotards before you know it. I’ve been begging for socks to change in hopes of limiting leotards, but it just has given us the white leotard instead. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Leotards suck no matter who is doing it.  

On 9/18/2019 at 9:54 AM, redskinsfan007 said:

Off topic - with the Browns getting a new uniform next year, what do you guys think of them bringing back the Alabama throwback look that they wore in the past, where the jersey numbers were on the helmets? They could have this design become the full-time look OR maybe just an alternate combo? 

spacer.png

I wish they would put a bulldog on one side of the helmet to honor the dawg pound & the jersey number on the other side? Then the can finally have an identity on their helmets.  Yes I know they have been doing it this way for decades as a tradition but maybe its time to break tradition and step into a new era.  

31 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

I wish they would put a bulldog on one side of the helmet to honor the dawg pound & the jersey number on the other side? Then the can finally have an identity on their helmets.  Yes I know they have been doing it this way for decades as a tradition but maybe its time to break tradition and step into a new era.  

UzU1Wg1.jpg

43 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

That sounds worse than the gradient helmet the Jaguars had.

Archived