2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

Yeah, NFC North is at NFC West for same-finish games, NFC South is at NFC North. I didn't know that until I looked at the schedule announcement this year and put it together for myself. They don't really promote it; I figured it was just alternating home and road from whenever you saw the team last.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Art,  I’m not a Bills fan, but I got the same info from several members of “Bills Mafia.”  As a matter of fact, “Bills Vader” will be debuting a Red version of his outfit.  

On 10/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, ARTnSocal said:

That sounds like utter nonsense.

If that's the case please post your source / link ...

The BILLS have not yet released any announcement to what uniform choice they've made for Sunday's home game vs Miami. That is normally posted on Twitter and Instagram on the Wednesday preceding the game...

6 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

Wait, so I have always known about the same place finisher matchups and how they're structured. But does one division always visit another division in same place finisher matchups? I thought they just alternated the individual matchups - I didn't know that it was the whole entire division visiting the other division. 

I'll try to make this simple. The in-conference games are the same as 6 season prior. Like, 2019 schedule is the same as 2007 and 2013. This includes the same place finishers.

For instance, Miami has an AFC West team for a home game and an AFC South team for the road game. They have Baltimore and Cincinnati at home this year just like in 2007 and 2013. This year they had the Chargers for the AFC West, in 2013 they likewise had the Chargers and had the Raiders in 2007. Miami has Cleveland and Pittsburgh on the road this year just like in 2007 and 2013. The Dolphins had Houston on the road in 2007. They had Indianapolis on the road in 2013, and likewise in 2019.

21 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Redskins just changed their Twitter profile picture to this, which confirms they’ll be in throwbacks this week:

spacer.png

We had already heard about this from how their ticket stub was designed for their upcoming home game this Sunday.

What they should be doing is using that logo on their helmets also instead of keeping the current ones on, which using both logos is quite silly.

It's just too bad they can't use the leather simulated helmets that they wore for a game before the one-helmet rule came into effect in 2013.

51 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I thought the ownership that took over didn't like the columbia blue to be worn at their home games.

They don't really, but they also switch up the combos way more than what was typical in the past. Interestingly enough, the Titans still have yet to wear their navy jerseys in the regular season this year. 

42 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

By the way, who refers to pants as "britches" any more? Might as well refer to them as "dungarees"...or heck, "pantaloons."

It's a meme within the fanbase now, people call the uni combo announcement the "britches report" lol

spacer.png

19 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

I would guess they will wear black because it's a primetime game and last primetime game they wore black

I would guess the exact opposite and say they showcase the far superior green set this time, though it will likely be green pants too. Teams generally break it up when they have multiple primetime home games.

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

Once again I will guess that’s exposed skin and not red socks.

Yup, the red pants seem to make it pretty clear the model is wearing white mid-length socks with no upper halves, otherwise the top half would be the same color as the pants

9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why do they continue to use maddens ugly player models and not ya know the jerseys they actually have? They have players who can take a few pictures after a practice or something to show off the outfit right? Or Atleast take a picture of the uniform itself, not this ugly animation

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

45 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Why do they continue to use maddens ugly player models and not ya know the jerseys they actually have? They have players who can take a few pictures after a practice or something to show off the outfit right? Or Atleast take a picture of the uniform itself, not this ugly animation

Not to be THAT guy, but these actually aren’t even Madden’s player models, it’s something they make themselves just to show the combinations.

Either way, your point still stands. It would look a lot better to just take a picture of the jerseys and pants hanging in a locker or something like that. 

On 10/15/2019 at 10:50 AM, Mega Hawk said:

Art,  I’m not a Bills fan, but I got the same info from several members of “Bills Mafia.”  As a matter of fact, “Bills Vader” will be debuting a Red version of his outfit.  

Oh I probably believed you Mega Hawk, I guess I just didn't wanna believe it because I hate the Bills red color-rush so badly.  Plus we never seem to make the announcement until the Wednesday morning before the Sunday game.

I'm too much of a traditionalist as I had seen my first Bills home game at the old stadium while still in the AFL and with the old grazing bison logo.  I could probably tolerate the red jerseys for one game if they'd at least wear white pants with the red striped color rush socks with them, but this mono-red just is an eye-sore to me.

Dunno who you know at #BillsMafia but you got it right .... I guess it could be worse, by wearing those 2002-2010 Donahoe monstrosities.

Both Buffalo and Miami should be wearing their AFL throwbacks like in 2016 and 2017 down in South Florida, that looked great!!

spacer.png

13 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Dunno who you know at #BillsMafia but you got it right .... I guess it could be worse, by wearing those 2002-2010 Donahoe monstrosities.

I’m connected to Bills Vader and Harley Bills (friends of the late, great Pancho Billa), and they seem to have a finger on the pulse of the Bills doings.  👍🏻

I agree, a matchup of the old AFL unis would be awesome!  Love that look!

Archived