2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a couple members mention this already, I came here to post saying that this was actually a really good-looking match-up:

oa0lgrrkr1lhgf5uplsz.jpg

By far the best of the Titans' dozen uniform combinations and, dare I say, an actual aesthetically pleasing set.

Overall, the Titans uniforms have grown on me. There are a few combinations that should never be worn, but when they get 'em right, they're not bad at all. 

The Steelers really have no excuse not to return to the block number font. They're a highly successful franchise that's been around since 1933; an old-school font suits them more appropriately than their current font. Their current uniforms are very good; their throwbacks are right up there with the very best period.

52 minutes ago, Froob said:

I like Panthers black pants but think something should be tinkered with to make it work a little better, not sure what.

Ditch the leotard look, for one - teal socks would do the trick - but their black pants do nothing for me. It doesn't look right. All-white worked fine for them; if they wanted to mix it up, the silver pants would've looked a little better. You could even argue for blue pants (which I would be extremely interested to see how they would look with the black jersey). Black pants? I don't know why they've made this into their standard road choice.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

My guess would be that they wore red in those early games because they were late afternoon kickoffs and the other was in London. Still better than what they used to do, but a bit odd though and against Arians' former team if that means anything.

Bruce Arians is very much a "gives no :censored: s" kind of person, so the usual logic of wearing white at home to beat the heat probably means nothing to him. The Bucs usually have late home kickoffs early in the season regardless and wear white anyway because, I mean, even in September and into October the Sun doesn't set until late in the game, if it does at all. This week's game is the only time this season the Bucs are scheduled to wear white at home, and, if I had to guess, it was a small concession the Bucs gave to Arizona when they acquired Bruce's contractual rights. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Heitert said:

Saw a couple members mention this already, I came here to post saying that this was actually a really good-looking match-up:

oa0lgrrkr1lhgf5uplsz.jpg

By far the best of the Titans' dozen uniform combinations and, dare I say, an actual aesthetically pleasing set.

Overall, the Titans uniforms have grown on me. There are a few combinations that should never be worn, but when they get 'em right, they're not bad at all. 

I still like the Titans’ original set better, but I agree that this combo (along with the Navy Helmet/Navy Jersey/Columbia Pants) are the best looks of this set. I’d just drop most, if not all, of the silver (and make the shoulder pattern one solid color), fix the number font, and use a more traditionally-shaped pants stripe.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I just realized we didn't have a single team wearing white on white with white socks this week. Never thought I'd see the day. Also, this Sunday night game is beautiful.

Normally, I like the Cowboys navy blue and a lot of opponents compliment Dallas in a matchup. But that game isn't one of them.

8 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Jets Gotham Green vs Giants white and red outline would've been a nice matchup. Instead we get the all black.

If the Jets are going to wear black a second time, they should do them with the white pants. Change it up.

I personally would like to see black with the green pants but I agree...

Jets green/white vs Giants color rush would have been a contender for game of the year IMO

YVRMUBj.png

Archived