2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

Also, while these graphics of the Lions gray alts look dark, I found photos of the game from last year.  They look lighter, so the Cowboys in blue should contrast but the Lions should wear these grays against a team that doesnt use silver or blue and would stand out.

1043740788.jpg.0.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Also, while these graphics of the Lions gray alts look dark, I found photos of the game from last year.  They look lighter, so the Cowboys in blue should contrast but the Lions should wear these grays against a team that doesnt use silver or blue and would stand out.

1043740788.jpg.0.jpg

They shouldn’t wear them period

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints will once again be in their super cool plain white uniforms from the shoulders down. Absolutely embarrassing that this is becoming their standard road look.

I thought it wasn't possible to make a worse road look than their black leotards. Boy was I wrong...

19 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints will once again be in their super cool plain white uniforms from the shoulders down. Absolutely embarrassing that this is becoming their standard road look.

I agree. If they're gonna wear white pants, wear the color rush white pants with the stripe. They look like they're ready for a training camp practice session.

The Saints really need a redesign. Not sure whether it was their decision or Nike's, but the the gold became khaki around the time Nike took over the NFL contract. They need to go back to the original shade of Saints gold or even something pre-2012. Then they need to get rid of the extra outlines around the fleur-de-lis (it needs one outline, period). And they need every set of pants in their wardrobe to have some sort of stripe on it.

NFL rules place a limit of 3 times per year for Color Rush/Alternate uniforms. In order to wear them more than 3 times, you need special permission from the league which is what Cleveland did. I think the Saints have reached their limit already...or they're 2/3. They wore them against Seattle and Dallas. I think they created the white pants to mimic the color rush concept hoping fans would love it, but it just looks terrible. Imagine the packers start going white on white with absolutely no striping down the pant legs? Horrible. Don't know how the team with arguably the best alternate uniform can simultaneously possess the worst alternate uniform. 

2 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

NFL rules place a limit of 3 times per year for Color Rush/Alternate uniforms. In order to wear them more than 3 times, you need special permission from the league which is what Cleveland did. I think the Saints have reached their limit already...or they're 2/3. They wore them against Seattle and Dallas. I think they created the white pants to mimic the color rush concept hoping fans would love it, but it just looks terrible. Imagine the packers start going white on white with absolutely no striping down the pant legs? Horrible. Don't know how the team with arguably the best alternate uniform can simultaneously possess the worst alternate uniform. 

Exactly. They assume the fans love it since it is similar to Color Rush, but what really stands out about the Color Rush are the nice gold numbers and striping patterns, which the regular white on white uniform lacks. I just don't understand the thought process here.

22 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Exactly. They assume the fans love it since it is similar to Color Rush, but what really stands out about the Color Rush are the nice gold numbers and striping patterns, which the regular white on white uniform lacks. I just don't understand the thought process here.

Rumor is they are phasing out the current  gold pants. I am hoping for an eventual redesign ourond the color rush whites, but who knows. I am all for white numbers on a black jersey, gold trim, white pants with classic stripes. Color rush away, alt gold pants with updated white & blackstriping. 

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Eagles midnight green looked better during the Reebok era IMO. It doesn't look as good under Nike.

HARD disagree there. With Reebok, midnight green was one of the worst colors in the league. Shiney materials made it look absolutely awful

qA9YHH3.jpg

Moving to Nike and the matte fabrics was the best thing they could’ve done. It takes it from the worst color in the league to one of the best and most unique in sports

36q3Yuy.jpg

During the Reebok/shiney material era, I was all on board the kelly green return bandwagon, but the matte fabric completely flipped my opinion on it. Hands down one of my favorite colors in all of sports now

34 minutes ago, jn8 said:

HARD disagree there. With Reebok, midnight green was one of the worst colors in the league. Shiney materials made it look absolutely awful

qA9YHH3.jpg

Moving to Nike and the matte fabrics was the best thing they could’ve done. It takes it from the worst color in the league to one of the best and most unique in sports

36q3Yuy.jpg

During the Reebok/shiney material era, I was all on board the kelly green return bandwagon, but the matte fabric completely flipped my opinion on it. Hands down one of my favorite colors in all of sports now

It doesn’t even look Green anymore. They look more Blue thanks to the new fabric. 

XM4KeeA.png

42 minutes ago, speedo said:

Reporters saying the Lions are in white today, not grey.  It would be the first time the Lions would wear white at home in close to five decades,

Maybe at the last second everyone realized that the color rush unis would not work well against the cowboys and the cowboys already had their navy unis ready so they had to wear white

The Cowboys in Navy over silver is a top 3 NFL uniform IMHO.

I'd like to see Dallas ditch all other shades of blue from their scheme.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived