canzman

2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

Recommended Posts

On 7/15/2019 at 9:33 PM, nlane33 said:

 

2016 Bengals vs Browns - wayyyyyy too much orange

spacer.png

 

A couple more examples of bad contrast with the orange jerseys:

 

Image result for steelers bengals 2012

 

Image result for packers bengals 2013       Image result for cardinals bengals 2011

Image result for chiefs bengals 2015

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Image result for chiefs bengals 2015

I’m having a hard time telling who’s who in this picture. I can’t imagine what it would be like in live action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 7:34 PM, VikWings said:

 

Cincy likes wearing their orange jerseys against teams they shouldn't wear them against. the Browns, Chiefs, Cardinals, etc. It's like they actively try to have horrible contrast.

What about the Cowboys The last two times Dallas has visited Cincy, the Bengals wore orange tops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msubulldog said:

What about the Cowboys The last two times Dallas has visited Cincy, the Bengals wore orange tops.

 

In my opinion, I don't think the contrast is that bad when the Bengals have played the Cowboys, I don't even think it's that bad when they played the Cardinals. Cowboys have the silver/greenish pants and the silver helmets, so there isn't a problem with colors blending between the two teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/bulls-on-parade-here-are-the-texans-2019-home-game-themes?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

 

Texans have announced their uniforms for a few games this year:

 

Sept 15 - All-white for their Home opener against Jacksonville

Dec 1 - All-blue versus New England (doesn't say whether it's the Color Rush or normal blue jerseys and pants)

Dec 8 - Red jerseys vs Denver (Doesn't say what pants will be worn)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Packers are another team that's not great at choosing alternate jersey opponents. That will be a navy-heavy eyesore much like when they wore them against the Chargers in 2015. It's also unlike GB to wear them so early in the season, which makes the decision even more questionable.

 

I like the Texans in red vs. DEN in December. That makes sense. Odd that they'd opt to wear their other alternate the week before though. Usually it's more spaced out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nlane33 said:

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/bulls-on-parade-here-are-the-texans-2019-home-game-themes?__vfz=medium%3Dsharebar

 

Texans have announced their uniforms for a few games this year:

 

Sept 15 - All-white for their Home opener against Jacksonville

Dec 1 - All-blue versus New England (doesn't say whether it's the Color Rush or normal blue jerseys and pants)

Dec 8 - Red jerseys vs Denver (Doesn't say what pants will be worn)

I wonder how the Jags will counter in the 9-15 game:  Mono-black or black over teal or teal over something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really hope black over teal or teal over white. Battle red vs. Denver will probably be white pants. All blue vs. New England will probably be color rush.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way the Jags waste one of their beloved three teal games on a road game in a dome. My guess is black over white. This game was Houston's opener 2 years ago and Jacksonville wore all black.

 

I hope we see more black over teal this year though. I like combos like that like when the Titans wear navy over columbia or when Baltimore wears black over purple. Something about those looks is just unique and they clash with almost anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

No way the Jags waste one of their beloved three teal games on a road game in a dome. My guess is black over white. This game was Houston's opener 2 years ago and Jacksonville wore all black.

 

I hope we see more black over teal this year though. I like combos like that like when the Titans wear navy over columbia or when Baltimore wears black over purple. Something about those looks is just unique and they clash with almost anything.

 

This might be an unpopular opinion but I'm not a fan of the Jaguars teal pants. As weird as it may sound - they seem a little dull in my opinion. I definitely prefer the white and black pants, I'm hoping Jacksonville goes with those this year. 

 

I agree with contrasting combos though - Baltimore's black over purple is a favorite of mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

i really hope black over teal or teal over white. Battle red vs. Denver will probably be white pants. All blue vs. New England will probably be color rush.

 

That's gonna be A LOT of navy in the NE matchup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I hope we see more black over teal this year though. I like combos like that like when the Titans wear navy over columbia or when Baltimore wears black over purple. Something about those looks is just unique and they clash with almost anything.

And even Cleveland in brown over orange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nlane33 said:

 

That's gonna be A LOT of navy in the NE matchup

Not sure any NE HOU matchup will ever top this from 2015. Always a lot of navy with any other combos

 

Image result for patriots texans 2015

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nlane33 said:

 

That's gonna be A LOT of navy in the NE matchup

The only way to avoid that is convincing the Pats to wear either silver or white pants (highly unlikely).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe that the 100th Season of the NFL will open with Bears vs Packers and neither team will be wearing throwbacks. That's a huge missed opportunnity. I tried it out on Madden 20 and it was pretty awesome.

 

HyEg4DS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I still can't believe that the 100th Season of the NFL will open with Bears vs Packers and neither team will be wearing throwbacks. That's a huge missed opportunnity. I tried it out on Madden 20 and it was pretty awesome.

 

HyEg4DS.png

 

Wow, EA did a good job with those Bears uniforms (not surprised since they care more about presentation than gameplay). I digress...The Packers never want to wear throwbacks against division rivals for whatever reason. Instead, we see the same uniform pairings every season, and they save the throwbacks for when AFC teams come to town once every 8 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 11:34 PM, Old School Fool said:

I still can't believe that the 100th Season of the NFL will open with Bears vs Packers and neither team will be wearing throwbacks. That's a huge missed opportunnity. I tried it out on Madden 20 and it was pretty awesome.

 

Especially since the Bears have a white retro jersey and the Packers have a coloured retro jersey. When the Bears unveiled theirs I thought we were getting this for sure. But I guess that would make too much sense..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some predictions for the Jaguars this year:

 

Week 1 - White jersey, white pants at home versus KC

Week 3 - Teal jersey, white pants vs Tennessee on TNF

Week 6 - White jersey, teal pants vs New Orleans

Week 8 - Teal jersey, white pants vs NYJ

Week 9 - Black jersey, black pants vs Houston in England

Week 13 - Teal jersey, black pants vs TB

Week 14 - Black jersey, black pants vs SD

Week 17 - Black jersey, white pants vs Indy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.