2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

That Monday night match up would look so much better with BAL in white. Color vs. Color rarely looks good and this is no exception.

I'd say there is at least a shot we see black on gold in New Orleans after that Week 10 debacle vs. ATL. Wouldn't mind Carolina in black pants to counter that.

Really dig MIA CLE and DET WAS as long as we get aqua and blue pants.

Really hope Philly wasn't scheduled to wear black since this was supposed to be a primetime game. Save that for the MNF Giants game and spare us this again:

Image result for seahawks eagles 2014

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Blue on white for the Bills vs Denver. First time for a home game this year they’re wearing something they’ve already worn once at home. 

Well thank goodness for that !!

Canzman didn't waste any time editing out those blue pants too, lol. He quickly altered the evidence. 

Last week he had the Lions in that mono platinum-gray color rush or theirs vs Cowboys, like they wore in Big D last season against Dallas' white primaries.  That was the biggest eyesore since the LA Rams played the Seahawks in Seattle and the Rams brought out their navy pants. It was like the All-Navy Bowl and a total overdose.

Soon as Canzman posted Buffalo in mono-blue yesterday I shouted out "PLEASE NOOOOOO, NOT AGAIN !!!!"

The Philly game was enough for me.  Now I worry the Bills are gonna do that in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day.

Why couldn't the Cowboys have chosen their navy jerseys for next Thursday instead of the Vikings game?  Bills have only worn white jerseys vs Dallas one time ever, back in 1984, the first season of the red helmets and Buffalo won that game while Gary Hogaboom was Cowboys QB and it was Fergie's final season in Buffalo. 

P.S.  Just kidding with you Canzman. I appreaciate all your weekly postings, and your time in doing so, and I would have to believe everybody else does too.

12 hours ago, dirwuf said:

Bears in throwback helmets making this a near-perfect duplicate of the 1963 NFL Championship Game....

spacer.png

Slightly off topic, but it seems a little weird to see a pair of Puma cleats in 1963.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Texans have announced Color Rush tonight, although their home game theme schedule seemed to imply that it would be standard navy tonight with Color Rush vs. New England next weekend. Now it seems to be back-to-back weeks of Color Rush followed by Battle Red vs. Denver. Unlike Houston not to space out their alternate jersey games a little more.

16 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Now I worry the Bills are gonna do that in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day. 

I wouldn’t rule out the Bills breaking out the red color rush again for thanksgiving. Not saying it’s gonna happen, just a thought. Maybe against Baltimore since they are marketing that game as “Canada Day.” With them oddly not doing the throwback game with Miami this year makes me think they might be wanting to wear red one more time. 

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

I wouldn’t rule out the Bills breaking out the red color rush again for thanksgiving. Not saying it’s gonna happen, just a thought. Maybe against Baltimore since they are marketing that game as “Canada Day.” With them oddly not doing the throwback game with Miami this year makes me think they might be wanting to wear red one more time. 

While that is possible, it's also possible they simply chose not to wear throwbacks since Miami didn't wear their throwbacks. Buffalo has worn red in December in recent seasons though, so you may be onto something with the Baltimore game.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:41 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Something about the Redskins' burgundy over white uniforms always seemed wrong to me. I welcomed the inclusion of gold pants when they came into the fold because I felt that burgundy over gold was a WAAAY better look than burgundy over white. Looks like the gold pants have been phased out.

Me no like.

This is such an odd issue with the Redskins fan base. The majority of the Redskins fan base HATES, and I mean HATES, the Gold pants. As a life long Skins fan, I personally love them because they look like sweet throwback uniforms, especially with the striped socks. But the issue is this - the only time the Redskins were really good, was during the Joe Gibbs era of the 80s and early 90s. Joe Gibbs took away the gold pants and this resulted in the current uniform combo we see today (burgundy on white, white on burgundy). There is SO much nostalgia among the middle-aged fanbase about the Super Bowl years, that they absolutely hate the gold pants. Additionally, the gold pants were brought back in 2010 by current GM Bruce Allen because his dad used to coach the Skins in the 70s and they wore gold pants. 99% of Redskins fans hate Bruce Allen, so they also associate the gold pants with Bruce Allen's failure to run a team + the mediocrity of the team. So when the Redskins brought back the Burgundy on white combo for the 2018 season, fans LOVED it. I personally do not love it. For me, it's as if the Steelers made a 1970's move and went back to wearing Black on white. It just wouldn't look right. But anyways, that's your history lesson on Redskins pants :) 

4 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

This is such an odd issue with the Redskins fan base. The majority of the Redskins fan base HATES, and I mean HATES, the Gold pants. As a life long Skins fan, I personally love them because they look like sweet throwback uniforms, especially with the striped socks. But the issue is this - the only time the Redskins were really good, was during the Joe Gibbs era of the 80s and early 90s. Joe Gibbs took away the gold pants and this resulted in the current uniform combo we see today (burgundy on white, white on burgundy). There is SO much nostalgia among the middle-aged fanbase about the Super Bowl years, that they absolutely hate the gold pants. Additionally, the gold pants were brought back in 2010 by current GM Bruce Allen because his dad used to coach the Skins in the 70s and they wore gold pants. 99% of Redskins fans hate Bruce Allen, so they also associate the gold pants with Bruce Allen's failure to run a team + the mediocrity of the team. So when the Redskins brought back the Burgundy on white combo for the 2018 season, fans LOVED it. I personally do not love it. For me, it's as if the Steelers made a 1970's move and went back to wearing Black on white. It just wouldn't look right. But anyways, that's your history lesson on Redskins pants :) 

You sure about that? I seem to recall polls a few years ago where 75% of fans wanted the burgundy jerseys/gold pants combo over the others, but wanted the white jerseys/burgundy pants to return for road games and against Dallas. The white pants are bland and makes it one of the worst unis in the league, although I can understand it as an alt.

The Skins actually introduced those uniforms in 1979, two years before Gibbs came. All Gibbs changed was to make the Skins wear white at home since they did that in San Diego...why, I don't know.

Yes, 99% of fans hate Bruce Allen, but I don't think anyone associates those unis with Allen. More likely, it is Allen who hates the combo because it reminds him of "Kurt" Cousins, who had the audacity to demand pay commensurate with his skill level...what nerve! (Allen is known in the DC area as the "President of Picnics and Pants" since that was a good description of his job duties before he forced everyone else out of the building with his toxic incompetence...he definitely got to choose what pants the Skins wore from 2010 on.)

I don’t mind the gold pants from the knee up. I hate that they wore the striped socks with them, mainly because of how relaxed the NFL has been with socks. I dislike any striped sock because while the idea is great, the execution of them are always terrible... I also grew up with the white pants, and loved that they made a comeback

Redskins uniform schedule should look like this:

Home: burgundy/white 5 times, burgundy/gold once, white/white home opener, white/burgundy vs Dallas.

Away: white/burgundy primary, white/gold once (preferably against red heavy team), burgundy/white whenever the other team goes WAH

10 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

I'm not a Redskins fan, but I'm not a fan of the gold pants either. I wouldn't mind alternating between white pants and gold pants with the burgundy jerseys. But the burgundy pants should ALWAYS be worn with the white jersey. I just don't like how the gold pants look with those.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, NFLfan10 said:

That Monday night match up would look so much better with BAL in white. Color vs. Color rarely looks good and this is no exception.

I'd say there is at least a shot we see black on gold in New Orleans after that Week 10 debacle vs. ATL. Wouldn't mind Carolina in black pants to counter that.

Really dig MIA CLE and DET WAS as long as we get aqua and blue pants.

Really hope Philly wasn't scheduled to wear black since this was supposed to be a primetime game. Save that for the MNF Giants game and spare us this again:

Image result for seahawks eagles 2014

I think it’s going to look great. I’m really excited for Monday. 

Archived