2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2019 at 6:45 AM, aaa333bbb said:

I wouldn’t rule out the Bills breaking out the red color rush again for thanksgiving. Not saying it’s gonna happen, just a thought. Maybe against Baltimore since they are marketing that game as “Canada Day.” With them oddly not doing the throwback game with Miami this year makes me think they might be wanting to wear red one more time. 

Since those red color-rush uniforms debuted in 2015 against the J-E-T-S, the Bills have never worn them more than one time per season, so a good many of us are hoping they don’t start now.

If the Bills had wanted to wear the red color-rush for Oh-Canada Day then it doesn’t make much sense that they wore them against Miami in mid-October.

They’re probably gonna end up wearing the mono-blue for a second time come Thanksgiving Day in Dallas, and I sure hope I’m wrong about that.

Perhaps they’ll wear the AFL faux ‘65 throwbacks in Foxboro vs NE during week 16 since the game has now been shifted to National TV for Saturday 21-December.  A large number of the traditionalist fans have been complaining that they don’t wear the blue w/ white pants at home enough anymore.

So ... That’s my prediction. 

On 11/22/2019 at 6:53 PM, Froob said:

Saints outta bring back these throwbacks back next season

spacer.png

Those (above) are dull and boring, IMO.

I'm assuming that most of you who are clamoring for the Saints to bring back that uniform as an alternate set are NOT Saints fans who grew up in the New Orleans / Southern Louisiana area and were devout fans of theirs during your formative years.  I'm included in that group who is not from there, as I'm from Western NY State, but my memory remains in tact of that long era of the Saints...

To me, that uniform set represents nothing but losing, when they were simply known as the 'AINTS', and that wasn't for just a short period of time either. They were NFL losers for generations with those.

The reason (my belief) that they've shifted away from wearing the gold pants is because ever since NIKE took over in 2012 they just can't seem to make decent metallic pants in gold to match the color of the helmet. Their pants are matte anyway.  

Look at Minnesota for instance.  The Vikings ended up changing the shade of their purple helmet color away from their longtime glossy helmet because NIKE couldn't seem to make the purple match or come close to their now matte helmets.

I'm not even a Saints fan, yet when I look at that photo it reminds me of one thing only, LOSING .. and those were the days when their fans were wearing paper bags on their heads.

New Orleans IMO looked really good in their 2009 Super Bowl season when they had the gold numbers on the black jerseys and the white jerseys had black numbers with gold shadow, and they always wore gold pants that season which were Reebok made, and were a very close match to their georgous gold helmets. The change to NIKE was really bad for them, especially with them being one of the clubs with the toilet-bowl collars.

I also liked their mid 90s look when the white jerseys had the gold numbers. Why can't NIKE make gold metallic pants to match their helmets, that's what I'd like to know.

Now the throwback that the Saints wore for their 50 year anniversary season of 2016 was right up there with my favorite NFL team throwbacks.  They were replicas of their 1967 expansion season, and the away uniform also had gold numbers. At least back then they weren't expected to be a playoff caliber team as that was their expansion era, and they looked magnificent before those originals evolved over the years to come.

spacer.png

They had also wore the original 1967 expansion away uniform set in SF for NFL-75 back in 1994 and I must say, those looked pretty damn good especially in the sunshine that day.

spacer.png

Both 👇🏼photos 👆🏼taken on 25-SEP-1994, Candlestick Park in SF

*** NOTE:  The one thing the SAINTS on that day in 1994 was they failed to change the facemasks which were NOT black in 1967, but I guess back then it was too much hassle to swap to gray facefmasks since they didn't need to order different helmets as in 1994 theirs had been the same shade of gold helmet since 1967.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Those (above) are dull and boring, IMO.

I'm assuming that most of you who are clamoring for the Saints to bring back that uniform as an alternate set are NOT Saints fans who grew up in the New Orleans / Southern Louisiana area and were devout fans of theirs during your formative years.  I'm included in that group who is not from there, as I'm from Western NY State, but my memory remains in tact of that long era of the Saints...

To me, that uniform set represents nothing but losing, when they were simply known as the 'AINTS', and that wasn't for just a short period of time either. They were NFL losers for generations with those.

The reason (my belief) that they've shifted away from wearing the gold pants is because ever since NIKE took over in 2012 they just can't seem to make decent metallic pants in gold to match the color of the helmet. Their pants are matte anyway.  

Look at Minnesota for instance.  The Vikings ended up changing the shade of their purple helmet color away from their longtime glossy helmet because NIKE couldn't seem to make the purple match or come close to their now matte helmets.

I'm not even a Saints fan, yet when I look at that photo it reminds me of one thing only, LOSING .. and those were the days when their fans were wearing paper bags on their heads.

New Orleans IMO looked really good in their 2009 Super Bowl season when they had the gold numbers on the black jerseys and the white jerseys had black numbers with gold shadow, and they always wore gold pants that season which were Reebok made, and were a very close match to their georgous gold helmets. The change to NIKE was really bad for them, especially with them being one of the clubs with the toilet-bowl collars.

I also liked their mid 90s look when the white jerseys had the gold numbers. Why can't NIKE make gold metallic pants to match their helmets, that's what I'd like to know.

Now the throwback that the Saints wore for their 50 year anniversary season of 2016 was right up there with my favorite NFL team throwbacks.  They were replicas of their 1967 expansion season, and the away uniform also had gold numbers. At least back then they weren't expected to be a playoff caliber team as that was their expansion era, and they looked magnificent before those originals evolved over the years to come.

spacer.png

They had also wore the original 1967 expansion away uniform set in SF for NFL-75 back in 1994 and I must say, those looked pretty damn good especially in the sunshine that day.

spacer.png

Both 👇🏼photos 👆🏼taken on 25-SEP-1994, Candlestick Park in SF

spacer.png

Oh :censored: those bottom jerseys are nice! 

Seahawks in white/navy today. Seattle only has 2 road games left and they still have not worn white/white and white/grey and they have worn both of those at least once every season since the uniforms were introduced in 2012 so I'm guessing week 14 vs the Rams they do white/white and week 15 vs the Panthers they go white/grey

So yesterday the Dolphins posted on Twitter and Instagram that they'd be in all white, which would have been lame. But I noticed the posts were removed last night, and now today they are saying aqua pants. They haven't worn aqua pants in Cleveland in my lifetime, so I was pretty pumped about this. Looks like that will remain the standard road look. I think they only wore all white in Buffalo to counter the Bills in Color Rush.

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

Today marks the last time the Browns will ever wear the brown jerseys and orange pants that were introduced in 2015. Color rush scheduled for all remaining home games, white/white for remaining road games.

So much for the mix and match concept. Too bad, I liked the orange tops. And white tops too. Likely re do soon. 

I would not be opposed to the Cowboys adopting this look as their “Away-White” look. Instead of their “Home-Whites”. The shoulder caps looks really nice and the white pants don’t have the weird “not same silver” issues with the helmets with the smaller stripe between the blue stripes

64970745.png

3 hours ago, Pharos04 said:

I would not be opposed to the Cowboys adopting this look as their “Away-White” look. Instead of their “Home-Whites”. The shoulder caps looks really nice and the white pants don’t have the weird “not same silver” issues with the helmets with the smaller stripe between the blue stripes

64970745.png

Dez isn’t wearing the same pants as the others, notice the pants striping. There was a D-lineman I think doing the same today, wearing the silver pants while the others have the white pants on. 

4 hours ago, the heat suck said:

Titans all navy is really growing on me. The abundance of navy and gray/silver with small columbia accents looks really good. Of course it would be better without the blue side panels though.

I'm still waiting for navy/columbia to make an appearance for at least one of their home games.

9 hours ago, Froob said:

Cowboys Patriots is beautiful, just wish Dallas did navy socks.

I’d disagree, one of the worst matchups this season, both teams looked utterly terrible. That Dallas uniform is worse than their normal mismatched atrocity of a white uniform. And the Pats have an over designed, 10 year old piping mess.

The only way to make this better is to of put New England in their navy color rush and Dallas in their normal white uniforms. It would still be a bad matchup, but better at least.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

10 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Is the Bears gray facemask with the gray decal just a one time thing? They should do it more.

As of now, yes...for the team's 100th anniversary this year, they are paying tribute to a different decade each home game, and yesterday was the 60's.

Archived