canzman

2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

19 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

We already saw the Seahawks lime green over navy in 2009 against Chicago. I thought it was a mess. They should do the neon green jersey with the white pants.

They didn't wear a navy blue helmet back then.

The other issue was that that jersey had white numbers when navy would've been a much better choice. 

1 minute ago, PittsburghSucks said:

They didn't wear a navy blue helmet back then.

Yeah it's whatever the hell the team called it.  Like Seahawks Blue or some ridiculous name like that.

Kind of how the Rams navy is still Millennium Blue for some moronic reason.

If this hasn't been mentioned yet, here it is: Saints Color Rush vs Atlanta black jerseys. Match up of the week, no?

The weird part about that Seahawks green jersey from 2009 is that the navy pants were worn multiple times at home that season. They were gone after that but might have been the catalyst for what they wear today.

img_4538.jpg

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

Yeah it's whatever the hell the team called it.  Like Seahawks Blue or some ridiculous name like that.

Kind of how the Rams navy is still Millennium Blue for some moronic reason.

Believe it was actually called “Seahawks Blue” if I remember correctly. The ‘09 experiment was full of poor execution with the wrong shade helmet, and in my opinion, the white numbers. This iteration is leagues better in my opinion. Very excited to see it in action on Monday.

2 hours ago, G-tron said:

If this hasn't been mentioned yet, here it is: Saints Color Rush vs Atlanta black jerseys. Match up of the week, no?

More teams need to do this when the other team wears throwbacks, if we couldn't get a throwback Thursday to replace Color Rush I'd love for teams to at least wear throwbacks on Thanksgiving like they used too. One more reason the one helmet rule blows.

5 hours ago, G-tron said:

Why does the video show the Falcons in their normal home reds?

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The weird part about that Seahawks green jersey from 2009 is that the navy pants were worn multiple times at home that season. They were gone after that but might have been the catalyst for what they wear today.

img_4538.jpg

Reporting said they wore these pants because they fit better. Ironic that poor fit was why they originally abandoned the planned white home bottoms, then they fell in love with mono blue look. Later retooled white pants became the normal mono road set. I loved Seahawk blue; AKA gunmetal blue. Looked great with the  shiny Reebok fabric. 

Also interesting I think this is the 4th time Seahawks wear alts this season so far. Wolf Grey twice and greens twice. 

7 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Hope the Saints switch to gold numbers for good

I would like them in gold numbers "road" whites, and white numbers with gold trim on black jerseys. Then white and gold pant versions with appropriate classic striping. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Seahawks are a mess in every combination.

And the one helmet rule is brilliant.  We just need a two jersey rule to go with it.

Fully agreed on the Seahawks, disagree on the one-helmet rule though strictly because of throwback limitation. Too many great options (Bucs’ creamsicle, Eagles’ kelly green, Seahawks, etc) forced to be kept off the table.

I do understand the concern for an alternate helmet free-for-all, though. Maybe a compromise is to lift the rule for throwback helmets only but imposing a ban on alternate helmets (hypothetical example: no aqua Dolphins helmet just for the fun of it)? 

Otherwise if we want more classic looks, the only other option is fauxbacks designed in accordance with existing helmet colors, which could be made to work if done right but would never be as great as the real thing. There was a Seahawks concept posted here once that was basically the Largent throwback but in navy and kelly green with the navy helmet shell, and it did look really nice, but the real thing would still win out for me if given the choice.

41 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Fully agreed on the Seahawks, disagree on the one-helmet rule though strictly because of throwback limitation. Too many great options (Bucs’ creamsicle, Eagles’ kelly green, Seahawks, etc) forced to be kept off the table.

I do understand the concern for an alternate helmet free-for-all, though. Maybe a compromise is to lift the rule for throwback helmets only but imposing a ban on alternate helmets (hypothetical example: no aqua Dolphins helmet just for the fun of it)? 

Otherwise if we want more classic looks, the only other option is fauxbacks designed in accordance with existing helmet colors, which could be made to work if done right but would never be as great as the real thing. There was a Seahawks concept posted here once that was basically the Largent throwback but in navy and kelly green with the navy helmet shell, and it did look really nice, but the real thing would still win out for me if given the choice.

Well, I don't think it ever really works to try to have any sort of limited allowance, to try to allow multiple helmets for throwbacks only.  It might stand for a season or two, but once the door gets cracked, that sucker is open, and that's just the way it works.  Look at the "color rush" crap.  At first it was a once a year, Thursday only program, and consisted of a jersey/pants/socks/shoes combination that always went together, and only that once-a-year game. Then they opened it up to non-Thursday game, and also allowed Color Rush components to be mixed into other options.  Then they loosened up the amount of times a team was allowed to wear alts. Add that to already existing alternates, already existing throwbacks, and a seemingly unlimited amount of pants and socks options, and you have the ugly crapshoot were dealing with now. Teams like Tennessee, Baltimore, Carolina, and Jacksonville have so many different combinations they seem to wear a radically different uniform every week.  They even debut the weekly combination on social media like some embarrassing little league Oregon Duck wannabe.  It should be beneath them. And some of you want to add multiple helmets into this visual toilet-gumbo? Madness.

The (brilliant, majestic, and saintly) One Helmet Rule (!) is the only thing holding the NFL back from looking as ridiculous, childish, and ugly as college football, or even (*shudder*) the current NBA. You have only to look at the NBA to see exactly what's in store for the NFL with these ever loosening rules.

And as for how it's too bad we don't get to see these awesome throwback looks... don't blame the one helmet rule.  Blame the idiot teams. If the Eagles, Seahawks, Falcons, Browns, Chargers, Dolphins, and Buccaneers, all looked a dozen times better in the past than they do now (and it is most certainly 100% true), the morons just need to dump their current messes, and go back.  F'n problem solved.

Here's my crazy idea.  Design your best look... wear that at home.  Design a white version... wear that on the road.

I don’t normally complain about uniform matchups, because it just sort of is what it is. That being said, the Lions wearing those grey alts on Thanksgiving has me a certain level of annoyed that I haven’t felt over a uniform matchup in a LONG time. 

We we could’ve had both of these teams in their FAR superior throwback sets and it would’ve been perfectly fitting for the 100th anniversary of the NFL. 

This league is so goddamn dumb sometimes it’s really hard to fathom.

What idiots decided the grays were a better option for Thanksgiving than the throwbacks?  I know, incompetence rules the Lions, but really?