2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the Seahawks break out the lime green jerseys without going Color Rush, but the green socks would have made this look a personal favorite rather than just "not terrible."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:13 PM, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

They don't? Well then, what color would you call these Houston Texans tops?

(Tint-Hint: The official moniker for the the following jerseys about to be shown below is 'Battle Red', by the way.)

spacer.png

92e2d55f61878d0000be0dd763fe6f4c.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Additionally, how about the "Color Rush" set of Buffalo Bills uniforms that was introduced in 2016, and is still seldomly/sparingly sported ever since, even including being worn during the present-day NFL season . . .

spacer.png

spacer.png

. . . I mean, unless you were merely referring to the fact that no red & blue teams utilize their respective red jerseys as a PRIMARY option?

Also, just for a fun bonus, here is a former alternate version of the New York Giants' home jersey, which they paired with both sets of their grey pants from that mid-2000s time period:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I was meaning as a non alternate uniform, but you have a point.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

With the Seahawks, I thought teams could only wear alternates up to a maximum of three games per season. Tonight was the Seahawks' fourth game in an alternate uniform this season. Also, I thought monochrome was a requirement when a color rush uniform is worn. As I say that, Seattle's action green looked way better with navy pants but the socks should have stayed neon green. Has the NFL changed their alternate uniform rules again in 2019?

I would like to see white pants with the bright green but I think that the Seahawks looked good, in a non-traditional way of course. 

Question...does the green look a bit washed out or yellowed on TV? My wife said to me that it didn't look right. I'm thinking maybe it is under the night lights that changes the shade a bit.

Something I'll never understand:

When a team wears the SAME color helmet and pants with a DARK jersey, the socks ALWAYS match the jersey rather than the pants, as it should be (SF, GB, NE, DET, DAL, etc.)

But when the helmet and pants are the darker color and the jersey is a lighter shade (JAC teal on black, TEN light blue on navy, SEA green on navy), the team ALWAYS opts to wear socks that match the pants. I don't understand why the thinking changes in this case. How is it any different?

On 11/28/2019 at 5:52 PM, lahaye7 said:

finally seeing the Saints CR on a good TV, lawd, the miss matched golds are noticeable. Come on this should be an easy fix. 

Actually, what New Orleans wore in Atlanta on Thanksgiving night weren't specially designed color-rush uniforms They were more like conversions to match the theme for color-rush, but all in all they were tweaked throwbacks.

They were really replicas from their 1967 expansion season, the away uniform, with the exception of the socks being swapped to solid white instead of the old black & gold stripes on white, and the facemask remained black rather than gray ones that were worn in 1967.

All in all they turned their throwbacks into the color-rush theme. 

Take a look at the jersey striping, as it matches their 1967 white away jersey. Five sleeve stripes, black-gold-black-gold-black, identical to their white away jerseys from their maiden season. 

spacer.png

On 12/1/2019 at 6:13 PM, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Additionally, how about the "Color Rush" set of Buffalo Bills uniforms that was introduced in 2016, and is still seldomly/sparingly sported ever since, even including being worn during the present-day NFL season . . .

spacer.png

spacer.png

I mean, unless you were merely referring to the fact that no red & blue teams utilize their respective red jerseys as a PRIMARY option?

Also, just for a fun bonus, here is a former alternate version of the New York Giants' home jersey, which they paired with both sets of their grey pants from that mid-2000s time period:

You're a bit off there my friend.

First off, the red monochrome color-rush are still in the Buffalo Bills catalogue for 2019, but they debuted in 2015, NOT 2016, in a TNF game against the J-E-T-S at the Meadowlands.  That was the very first NFL color-rush game, which they started for Thursday night games in 2015,

Buffalo wore them a second time the following season against those same J-E-T-S in Orchard Park, but this time NY wore a specially made all-white color-rush uniform.

The change was due to people who were color-blind and they could not distinguish the red versus the green, which is why the NYJ's color-rush was altered to an all-white version for that one. Red up against green is a problem for people who suffer from being color-blind. 

Secondly, the Bills have worn them for at least one game every season since, like the game in the snowstorm vs the Colts which you posted a photo of, then against the Lions last season, and wore them against the Dolphins at home earlier this season.

Gotta remember, Buffalo also has their AFL style throwbacks which the older generation of fans love and clamor for, which is why they have yet to wear their red C-R more than once in a season.

The last thing you were questioning, that poster who wrote that I'm quite sure was referring to teams in the AFC South who lack using red as their 'primary' colored jersey, NOT as an alternate or a C-R jersey. Houston's primary jersey IS navy.

As far as Tennessee goes, I believe that the late Bud Adams' daughter had a big hand in their redesign, and while those jersey numbers match TB's as the NFL's worst, the overall set has potential but needs quite a bit of tweaks.  I’d start with the elimination of those jersey fonts and stop wearing navy socks with the same navy colored pants.  

The underarm trim color .. I keep asking  myself .... why oh why?  

I loathe their no-purpose double slanted mini stripes on their pants. If they had an optional set of silver pants it could really look good with their navy jerseys considering that they have silver on the shoulders.

Overdose of navy if ya ask me, just like Seattle and Houston, who both refuse to use white or red socks with their navy pants.

2016:  NYJ at Buffalo 👇🏼

spacer.png

2015: Buffalo at NY Jets  👇🏼

spacer.png

18 hours ago, crosfam said:

While Seattle is in an experimental mood, lets see blue over grey at home. 

I'd also like to see blue over white and lime over white.

But you know something? Seattle never wears anything other than blue pants at home ever since they played at Century Link Field.

Archived