2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Ravens do wear that black/purple combo, that will be a beautiful game. I'll be there in person to see it myself. Team website says black, so @canzman got the jersey choice right and we've already seen black/white vs the Pats and all-black vs the Niners, so odds are that's what we'll see.

Honestly would have thought they'd save it for the season finale vs Pittsburgh IMO

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

57 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

FIFY

The Vikings have never worn White Socks and Pants together. Wouldn't see it happening at all anyways. Outside of TNF, we've only worn P/W/P and W/P/P since 2015. In 1962-1964, our Purple Pants had White socks. Only times in history we have worn White Socks. 1961/1965-present, all White Pants with the Vikings have had White Socks.

Even so, I also really want to see White on White for the Vikings. I'm in the group that hates Purple Pants and only want P/W and W/W. That's how it's always been for us, and how it should always be. Ever since we introduced the Current uniforms in 2013, the Vikings have only worn White on White 3 Times. Twice in the 2013 Preseason, and Week 1 2015 MNF vs SF in their Black on Black. Really want to se it return and as the Primary Combination. (Also, if you have to wear White on Purple, at least wear White Socks with it like the 60's. Uggh, it seems like all of the Nike designs only come with one kind of Sock nowadays)

(Excuse the amount of photos. I love this combo so much and just want people to appreciate it more)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

If the road sleeve stripes matched the pants pattern, the Vikings should only have a pair of white pants, and they would have one of the best sets in the league. The only left to fix is the weird numbers. Although I wouldn’t mind the serifs on some of the single digits or if they fit better together with a second number.  

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

4 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

I feel like the Jags have given up on teal pants. They are a no show so far this year. What a shame. It's the only way the black jersey looks good. Teal should be the main jersey. May they remain cursed until they go back to their teal ways.

I think it's a shame too, but it's likely due to the superstition many athletes and coaches place on uniforms when they lose in them. They only wore the teal pants twice in 2018 and lost both games, so we'll probably never see them again. As if laundry makes a team lose a game...😁

We have yet to see combos like Titans navy over light blue, Jags black over teal, and Ravens black over purple in 2019, all of which were worn last season. These combos are so much more unique and clash with opponent uniforms so much more successfully than navy/navy, black/black, etc.

1 hour ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Not gonna be navy socks according to the team. Ugh.

That tracker isn’t affiliated with the team, so the light blue socks in the graphic were just a guess by the person running that account. Looks like it could still be navy socks:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

No surprise since they’ve pretty much established this as their road look this year but, white on blue for the Bills this week. Should look good under the lights but I was really looking forward to it going up against  Pittsburgh’s regular home set. If they were going to go alternate I wish they would’ve went their black throwbacks instead. 

20 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

No surprise since they’ve pretty much established this as their road look this year but, white on blue for the Bills this week. Should look good under the lights but I was really looking forward to it going up against  Pittsburgh’s regular home set. If they were going to go alternate I wish they would’ve went their black throwbacks instead. 

Related image

I too would've liked to see this under the lights. It will at least be nice seeing Buffalo on NBC for a change. Glad they seem to have realized the white on white is just too plain.

Archived