2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was expecting purple pants from the Ravens. Disappointing.

Panthers in black pants would've been nice, but like last season they seemed to shelf that look in the later months for whatever reason.

The Saints in all white makes me so irrationally angry, especially when the TItans have to counter that with their worst look.

Jets -- why do you wear white socks with the green on green look, but not the white on green look? It is the same concept here.

I don’t hate this Saints look but damn I miss the gold pants. Having all black at home and all white on the road for every game is really lame. The white pants are okay if it’s occasional. Would be a lot better with a gold stripe.

1 hour ago, RayFinkle said:

Jags in teal pants is nice.

Saints/Titans.........nope.

C'mon Ravens, lose the black pants.

That’s one of their iconic looks. I hope black pants never go away for good for purple. Should use both.

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Cordarelle Patterson randomly wore orange socks and had to change it on the sideline. Not sure what he was thinking.

EMb0xoXWwAM9LFO?format=jpg&name=small

Can't find a picture of it but Marshawn Lynch did a similar thing in 2011 by wearing neon green socks when the Seahawks were supposed to wear navy socks and he got fined $5k

9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Jets -- why do you wear white socks with the green on green look, but not the white on green look? It is the same concept here.

Pretty sure the Jets actually did wear white socks with their white over green combo earlier this season.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Chiefs vs Bears was just about a visually perfect football matchup. Blue vs Red. Block numbers vs a nice round font. Jersey, pant and sock striping. It all contrasts so beautifully. 

I think the Bears have my favorite home look in the league, and the Chiefs have my favorite road look. 

10 hours ago, BVZ said:

Chiefs vs Bears was just about a visually perfect football matchup. Blue vs Red. Block numbers vs a nice round font. Jersey, pant and sock striping. It all contrasts so beautifully. 

I think the Bears have my favorite home look in the league, and the Chiefs have my favorite road look. 

Exactly. Teams look best when the helmet is the same color as the jersey OR pants, which is why I never like white on white looks. I like that teams like KC and CHI represent their colors equally regardless of whether the home or road set is being worn.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, aaa333bbb said:

Bills are going all white sock look once again

BIG mistake, and that's two weeks running.

Buffalo should have went with the all-white socks in Pittsburgh with the blue pants, just as was done in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Why they went with the solid-white socks look in Foxboro with the white pants i cannot understand, nor who makes these ridiculous decisions.

I'm no fan of the monochrome look (white excluded), but the white socks in Dallas on Thanksgiving made it much easier to tolerate.  The leotard look these teams are wearing (especially Seahawks, Texans, and Titans) is just plain awful.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 12/22/2019 at 2:19 PM, RayFinkle said:

Broncos, blue pants would be perfect!

The color rush set could be a foundation for a uniform refresh. Same orange jersey, white version, white, orange, and blue pants with classic stripes. New logo instead of throwback, but for a few games. Could also throwback to the first Elway SB winning set once a year. 

20 hours ago, BVZ said:

I’d like to see the Chiefs all white a few times. That’s my favorite Chiefs look.

Archived