2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC is home in even-numbered SBs, NFC in odd-numbered. So, AFC.

Seems the only time when "home" teams choose white are 1) when they're the Dallas Cowboys, or 2) they've gotten in from a wildcard, and have worn white "visitor" unis throughout the playoffs, so it's a "lucky" combo. Or, 3) they're the New England Patriots. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I seem to recall.

Hoping that the Ravens don't go black unitard if they get in, maybe purple shirts and white pants. Chiefs in red would be great. Don't think anybody else will get in from AFC.

20 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Seems the only time when "home" teams choose white are 1) when they're the Dallas Cowboys, or 2) they've gotten in from a wildcard, and have worn white "visitor" unis throughout the playoffs, so it's a "lucky" combo. Or, 3) they're the New England Patriots. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I seem to recall.

Hoping that the Ravens don't go black unitard if they get in, maybe purple shirts and white pants. Chiefs in red would be great. Don't think anybody else will get in from AFC.

Not gonna happen. Alternate uniforms are not allowed in the Postseason, unless you’re the 2008 Chargers, who wore Powder Blue in the Wild Card. A waiver is needed ahead of time from the NFL to do so, which San Diego had.

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

Or when you’ve gotten demolished wearing orange in three Super Bowls and lost by an average of 37 points.

20 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Or when you’ve gotten demolished wearing orange in three Super Bowls and lost by an average of 37 points.

Shhhhh, we don’t talk about that.....

When it comes to purple on purple, what the Vikings wore Sunday is by far the lesser of two evils when compared to color rush. As long as they continue the pattern of only breaking it out once every 6 years I don't mind it. But after Sunday I'm sure we'll see it once or twice next year.

I've said this countless times, but I do want to see white over white more often.

1 hour ago, crosfam said:

Seahawks vs Titans. B/B/B vs B//W/B with blue end zones.. 

This would be, by a huge margin, the ugliest possible match up.

In the NFC, the 49ers, Packers, and Vikings all have top ten overall uniforms.  The Seahawks are the only turd in this 4 team punchbowl. Unfortunately, in the AFC, the Chiefs are your only real shot at a great uniform.  Houston isn't terrible, but pretty dull, the Ravens could be OK, but tend to muck up their combinations, and the Titans are currently fighting it out with Tampa for the worst uniform in football.

I know the Saints are eliminated now, but just wanted to relay some information that I saw on Twitter a few days ago. Apparently the Saints are phasing out the Gold Pants to go exclusively Monochrome starting next season. Supposedly this was a big thing the Saints players have wanted. That just proves the big point that players should never be allowed to make uniform decisions for the team.

Another example of this, despite being a season off:

But players can occasionally be right as well on what looks good:

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

When it comes to purple on purple, what the Vikings wore Sunday is by far the lesser of two evils when compared to color rush. As long as they continue the pattern of only breaking it out once every 6 years I don't mind it. But after Sunday I'm sure we'll see it once or twice next year.

I've said this countless times, but I do want to see white over white more often.

Same here.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This would be, by a huge margin, the ugliest possible match up.

In the NFC, the 49ers, Packers, and Vikings all have top ten overall uniforms.  The Seahawks are the only turd in this 4 team punchbowl. Unfortunately, in the AFC, the Chiefs are your only real shot at a great uniform.  Houston isn't terrible, but pretty dull, the Ravens could be OK, but tend to muck up their combinations, and the Titans are currently fighting it out with Tampa for the worst uniform in football.

I’d say, outside of Tennessee, we’ve been relieved of some pretty awful reoccurring uniforms. Pats are out, no rams disfunctionality, no saints bland mess, no falcons either. We’ve got maybe 4 or 5 of the leagues best uniforms in store for the rest of the playoffs. Houston, Baltimore, Green Bay, Kansas City, San Fran. The bad is really just limited to Tennessee 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

37 minutes ago, Froob said:

I’d like to see more teams paint their end zones. Is that an unpopular opinion? Patriots with a painted blue end zone at home would be great.

I think everyone likes painted endzones but some teams can't do it because they share the stadium. Seahawks don't paint their endzones the first half of the season because they share the turf with the Seattle Sounders.

If the Texans somehow reach the Super Bowl, I would hope they wear white as the home team. Their home set is boring and too navy-heavy, but the road set has those nice red numbers that pop and mix up the pallet. Only downside is the lack of red socks. I wish more teams went for this color balance, but it appears to be becoming less common as Nike redesigns teams. Just look at their division rival Titans..the light blue is pretty much nonexistent unless they wear the light blue jersey or pants. Why not work in more accents with the secondary color (socks, stripes, number trim, etc.)? If the Titans make it, I would hope to God they somehow don't wear navy pants.

2 hours ago, Froob said:

I’d like to see more teams paint their end zones. Is that an unpopular opinion? Patriots with a painted blue end zone at home would be great.

I agree it looks much cooler and more professional when the end zones are painted, but I feel like it wouldn't work for some teams, particularly some of the more historic franchises that play on natural grass (GB, CHI, PIT, WAS). I think it would look off in those cases. Otherwise, it seems like most teams have tried it over the past several seasons for at least part of the season.

Archived