2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This would be, by a huge margin, the ugliest possible match up.

In the NFC, the 49ers, Packers, and Vikings all have top ten overall uniforms.  The Seahawks are the only turd in this 4 team punchbowl. Unfortunately, in the AFC, the Chiefs are your only real shot at a great uniform.  Houston isn't terrible, but pretty dull, the Ravens could be OK, but tend to muck up their combinations, and the Titans are currently fighting it out with Tampa for the worst uniform in football.

Ravens purple/white vs 49ers white/gold or Seahawks white/navy would be good. But if they were to go white tops, I'd prefer a repeat of one of two matchups we've seen this season (and preseason).

APTOPIX_Packers_Ravens_Football_49791-1880x1254.jpg3.Ravens_Seahawks_Football.JPG_t1200.jpg?298603a24e8d51915fce203907ff2746e482a5a6

What I don't want is a repeat of Ravens/Niners from XLVII. Seeing those same two uniform combos from that game in another stadium feels like it would throw me off.

7009856.jpg

19 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

AFC is home in even-numbered SBs, NFC in odd-numbered. So, AFC.

Seems the only time when "home" teams choose white are 1) when they're the Dallas Cowboys, or 2) they've gotten in from a wildcard, and have worn white "visitor" unis throughout the playoffs, so it's a "lucky" combo. Or, 3) they're the New England Patriots. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I seem to recall.

Hoping that the Ravens don't go black unitard if they get in, maybe purple shirts and white pants. Chiefs in red would be great. Don't think anybody else will get in from AFC.

Well all-black is 0% going to happen, but my gut says the Ravens would put on purple/white like the season opener vs the Dolphins...

JUHLBGZYX5A57BDFDZDTR2NTX4.JPG

Or they'd pair the white jersey with the white pants or purple. I know I said above I'd love white/black vs GB green/yellow, but unless the Miami warmth doesn't factor into their choice, I can't see them wearing black pants in the big game should they make it.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know they don't do it anymore because they share Heinz Field with Pitt, but I'd like to see the Steelers bring back the gold end zones from their last 5 or so years at Three Rivers, at least after the college season ends.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Man the Niners gotta straigthen out the wordmarks.  Theyve used the throwback one on the field for the past few years right?  yet they have this one still on the unis.

Personally i like them both, but throwback on a slight lead due to nostalgia.

jimmy_garoppolo_qb.0.jpg

18 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This would be, by a huge margin, the ugliest possible match up.

In the NFC, the 49ers, Packers, and Vikings all have top ten overall uniforms.  The Seahawks are the only turd in this 4 team punchbowl. Unfortunately, in the AFC, the Chiefs are your only real shot at a great uniform.  Houston isn't terrible, but pretty dull, the Ravens could be OK, but tend to muck up their combinations, and the Titans are currently fighting it out with Tampa for the worst uniform in football.

You're making me want to see the Titans make it to the Super Bowl as the host team.

I want to see Tennessee get there as the 6th seed and do what the Steelers did in Super Bowl 40.

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I agree it looks much cooler and more professional when the end zones are painted, but I feel like it wouldn't work for some teams, particularly some of the more historic franchises that play on natural grass (GB, CHI, PIT, WAS). I think it would look off in those cases. Otherwise, it seems like most teams have tried it over the past several seasons for at least part of the season.

Great point about the historic franchises NOT painting their endzones. I never thought of it that way and I agree with you. But at Three Rivers Stadium, the Steelers did paint the endzones yellow every now and then back in the day.

Also, it could be cool to see those other historic franchises paint the endzones every once in a while. Like maybe for 1 or 2 special home games a season. 

10 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Maybe a hot take: Super Bowls should be color vs color unless 2 teams have similar colored home uniforms in which case there should be a coin toss to determine who gets to choose what jersey they want to wear

???? Why would they do that.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

16 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

They will probably continue the white/navy trend all the way to the SB. Twenty years ago they did lose in navy/white.

Something similar happened back in 2017-18 when they beat KC in light blue bottoms and then wore them again in New England the next weekend.

Archived