2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Chiefs keeping the yellow endzones for this weeks game?

What I LOVE about this weekends Championship Games...........both games are outside, on grass! Yay! And maybe both stadiums will have the endzones painted! With better designs than the Super Bowl will have too.

I did a quick count on the GUD and it looks like teams that use yellow as their secondary color have had yellow end zones in the Super Bowl 23 times, compared to only 5 times using their primary color. The Packers have used green three times and yellow only twice, both of those being the first two Super Bowls. Vikings used purple once and just last year the Rams used blue. All of this means nothing, but I will guess that KC will have a yellow end zone. The 49ers will be red or the Packers green. Either way it’s going to be a beautiful game.  

I did find it interesting that most end zones end up being the same color as the teams primary, except for the teams that use yellow. A few notable exceptions were the Eagles in SB15 using silver. The Bears using orange in SB20. The Dolphins used orange once, but teal every other time. Giants had red in their first two appearances. Patriots had red end zones in SB31. The Saints had gold end zones. 

So super bowl will most likely be Chiefs vs 49ers with the Chiefs in red and 49ers in white. Hopefully Chiefs go with red endzones because it would look weird if the 49ers had red endzones and the Chiefs have yellow but the Chiefs are wearing red.

On 1/15/2020 at 11:41 AM, Lights Out said:

To be fair, those uniforms were already ruined before they changed them. The yoke had been reduced to more of a racing stripe that was barely visible from certain angles. The collar didn't contrast anymore. And they always wore the worst possible combos that made the helmet stick out like a sore thumb.

The new look is fixable with some tweaks. There was no salvaging this mess of a uniform:

spacer.png

THANK YOU

but for real, I get the hate for the new uniforms. They're garish and the elements don't particularly flow well together. That said, these old uniforms were NOT GOOD and they were never considered good (until the change) for a reason. It's like torture for me watching everybody praise this look all of a sudden after it received nothing but hate for the greater part of a decade. The new look didn't get it quite right but it's fixable. 

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, henburg said:

THANK YOU

but for real, I get the hate for the new uniforms. They're garish and the elements don't particularly flow well together. That said, these old uniforms were NOT GOOD and they were never considered good (until the change) for a reason. It's like torture for me watching everybody praise this look all of a sudden after it received nothing but hate for the greater part of a decade. The new look didn't get it quite right but it's fixable. 

I absolutely loved that Titans look, so it's not hind sight for me. The only thing I didn't like was the helmet stripe. They were light years better than the crap the Titans are wearing now.

Archived