Driveball Concept Series (New Mad Hatters logo)

neo_prankster

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For 1969, the city of San Diego will pop the champagne to commemorate its 200th anniversary.

iNytiw4.png

The Friar and Conquistador from the city's bicentennial logo will adorn the midfield circle for Admirals games at San Diego Stadium.

Cf0wSCT.png

For the '69 season, the Admirals will wear a patch of the 200th Anniversary logo on the left sleeve of their jerseys.

Current:

OjzfluS.png

For 1969 only:

RY6LqIk.png

C&C Welcome.

7 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

How about this?

HqKqIi2.png

C&C Welcome.

I'd make the angle of that serif at the top of the J parallel to the diagonal stroke of the N for better flow. Also, make your negative space more consistent; for instance, right now, it looks like the negative space between the bottom of the left leg of the N and the bottom of the J is thinner than the negative space between the top of the left leg of the N and the top of the J.

rATMcmK.png

4 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I'd make the angle of that serif at the top of the J parallel to the diagonal stroke of the N for better flow. Also, make your negative space more consistent; for instance, right now, it looks like the negative space between the bottom of the left leg of the N and the bottom of the J is thinner than the negative space between the top of the left leg of the N and the top of the J.

How's this?

tuYuCLS.png

C&C Welcome.

I tried shrinking my view of it way down. The diagonal of the N is kind of thin, which I think is part of what is making the J look so big. The thing is, if you thicken the diagonal, you change the angle, thus changing the J serif (I know it's a crossbar and not a serif but you know what I mean). I don't have a hard-and-fast solution, but I'd experiment some more with thicknesses and angles.

rATMcmK.png

14 minutes ago, appleclock said:

Go lower case like the New York Giants logo and you’ve got more room and some symmetry options with a rounded ‘n.’

I actually had a very similar idea except that the stem of the j would be in the n rather than the tail, which kinda ties it to the original logo too. Kinda like this:

Pgi0Uhw.png

Just another option, I guess.

Archived