Driveball Concept Series (New Mad Hatters logo)

neo_prankster

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ItsSlothy said:

Some of the divisions are uneven. Looks like expansion might be back on the table soon!

It'll be a while before the UDA expands again. One place I'm leaning towards next is Tampa Bay, but that won't be till the later 70's or early 80's.

I might have Dennis Murphy and Gary L Davidson try to fill the void left by the NDA and CDA having once been separate, but I'm not too sure.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, neo_prankster said:

How's this?

eOZzdEM.png

C&C Welcome.

Ye Olde School Crossing.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In anticipation of the merger in their sport, the American Football League switches from the trademark reddish-orange to the traditional black and white stripes for their game officials. As a result, New York Heroes owner Sonny Werblin, who also owns the AFL Jets, purchases the used referee jerseys, along with a few spares the AFL probably had laying around. Starting in 1968, the reddish-orange stripes will have a new home with the officials of the United Driveball Alliance.

0S8bTZE.png

C&C Welcome.

Speaking of referee uniforms, the NDA's refs used the traditional black and white stripes from its inception in 1948. This simple look endured into the early years of the UDA.

w9dWLDg.png

From 1954 until 1965, the CDA outfitted their refs with these:

Cg8MAc6.png

Archived