NHA- National Hockey Association: Montreal 1/32

JG36

As some of you may know, I had just started on a new hockey league, the NHA before it was announced that the Sports Fan Fiction would close. I was pretty upset, especially having just started my league, but I can see why that was needed. However, it seems that people do want to see this continue, so it will, just concepts this time. Unlike the history thread, these uniforms and logos are in modern day, 2019. There are 32 teams in the NHA, which consists of 8 divisions of 4, in 2 conferences: the Eastern and Western. 21 of these teams are in cities that have NHL teams, so that’s a clue if anyone is wondering. 

First up, I have a prototype logo for the Montreal Monarchs. 

ujaSJx1.jpg

I had this really neat idea for the Monarchs where the negative space in the M forms a crown. When I drew it out, it wasn’t exactly what I first envisioned, and something just seems a little off. I also am not sure about the color combo. The 3 on the left would fill the M, while the 4 on the right would outline the M. Any suggestions on how to make it better and what color combo I should use?

8 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

That’s a really clever idea, maybe a little too horizontally spread, (try making it taller) but good and clever none the less. Also reminds me of the phl’s Royale Montreal 

So obviously I follow the PHL and it did inspire this league, so I tried to make a logo that is very modern, and also very different than the Royale. I tried making it taller, and I think it does look a bit better.

KFMGkRO.jpg

This is a quick-ish sketch, when I am finished with the full logo set it will be much cleaner. How does it look and what colors do you suggest?

On 5/20/2019 at 5:22 AM, JG36 said:

DoESXjz.jpg

Here’s how it looks with yellow and purple. Any thing else before I roll out the full brand? 

I like the right one better. Yellow with purple outline is much better than Purple with yellow outline.

3 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

I like the right one better. Yellow with purple outline is much better than Purple with yellow outline.

I agree, it looks cleaner, and the yellow outline kind of gets lost in the left version. 

Montreal Monarchs road uniform

EY9i3xB.jpg

The Monarchs’ look is comparable to a modern version of the Red Wings. Simple striping, but a modern yet classy logo, an M styled to have a crown inside of it. 

C+C?

2 hours ago, Crazy Rider said:

You planning on digitizing these, or all these hand drawn? 

Nope, just hand drawn.

21 minutes ago, GDLions said:

Are the TV numbers purple and the NOB yellow? If so I think they should match, purple would be best I think

Looking back, I hadn’t realized I did different colors for the TV numbers, so I changed it and made them both purple. 

Full Montreal set will be posted tomorrow, I have a lot more free time with it being a weekend. 

Finally got around to posting the final product.

May I present... The Montreal Monarques!

Arena: St. Lawrence Centre

Founded: 1911

The oldest team in the NHA, the Monarques sport a classy yet modern look, with their signature yellow stripe on the sleeves and waist. The yoke was added in 1989 to added more color to the white uniforms, and more white to the color uniforms. The logo is an M styled to look like a crown. The alternate uniform is a throwback what the Monarques wore in their early NHA days, from 1938-1956. It has minimal striping and their original logo, an M with a crown on top. 

HXo0GtQ.jpg

Thanks for looking! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived