Teams You Became A Fan of Based on Logo / Uniforms

Apologies if this one was started in the past - but thought it would be fun to go over teams who you have taken a rooting interest in, based solely on their logos and uniforms. For me I think I did this a lot more when I was growing up - now since I've moved around so much I typically just root for the local market. 

But I distinctly remember thinking the Tennessee Titans were the coolest team because of the double-blue in the late 90s. Also, like any kid growing up in the 90s, I loved Jurassic Park, so I was immediately a Raptors fan when they made their debut. By no manes a fan of either of those teams, but remember taking a strong interest in them. 

Deciding my Florida allegiances was pretty uniform based as well, since both the Miami & Tampa markets are about two hours away. I'm one of the few people who like the new Marlins identity, and the Dolphins over the Buccaneers was a no-brainer, and I've always loved the Panthers logos and uniforms (even the new ones) compared to the snooze fest that is the Lightning's current set. 

For Premier League that was based completely on logos, since I had zero geographic allegiance to go off of - chose Liverpool because the teal and red crest stood out to me. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally only choose teams in leagues where I have no geographical allegiance, so: 

Zero allegiance to any team so chose Harlequins in English rugby for those shirts.

PqaYxuE.jpg

It was between Leicester and them because of my love for green and red, but that Harelquins shirt is just completely unique in any sport. Who else wears something as wild as that?

Speaking of green and red, Souths in the NRL (which I can't watch because FOX Soccer's pricing is absurd)

U5gfajq.jpg
Two big plusses for them: They're red and green, which I love, and they're a tough rugby league team whose logo is a bunny rabbit. How can I not love them?

And finally there's always Palermo, even if they've been (possibly) dubiously relegated to Serie C due to dubious league sanctions/Italian politics. They famously wear pink, and their club badge is art deco. Perfect.

515_-palermo-primary-.gif

For me it's colours. I like blue, so I liked the Blue Jays,  and then since the rest of Toronto teams were blue I decided I liked them all. (Raptors weren't popular far away from the city yet, and TFC was years away).

I shudder to think about 6 year old me nominally considering himself an Argos fan... since I'm now a Ticats SSH.

The beautiful uniforms of the Oakland A's of the early 70s constituted a major reason for my picking them up as my second team. 

I took a liking to the Blue Jays when they debuted in 1977 for the same reason. And my feelings for that team really intensified in 1989, when the team went to a button-down / belted style.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I prefer Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham over the other three big 6 teams for that reason.

I am a Boston sports guy, so I’m a fan of the Red Sox Patriots Celtics and Bruins, but when i was younger I couldn’t help but favor some teams when I would make up records or whatever I did with miniature helmets and pennants.

MLB- Marlins, Diamondbacks, Rockies, Blue Jays, Angels

NFL- Bengals, Jaguars, Texans, Chargers, Falcons, Seahawks

NBA- Bobcats/Hornets, Hornets/Pelicans, Spurs, Thunder, Blazers, Hawks, Nuggets

NHL- Ducks, Sharks, Wild, Jets, Coyotes, Lightning, Blues, Canucks, Predators 

I was never a fan of any of these teams, but they always stood out to me because of colors. 

I will say though, this is exactly why I am a Tar Heels fan :) 

Pretty much all of my teams! 😄

I think my first non-local team were the Sharks for this reason (1991!), even though I wasn't uni-conscious.  It wasn't until I recently got into the uni-verse on social media that I started noticing colors and uniforms.  Then it exploded from there.  Plus recent teams and branding added to it.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Well Cincinnati is the closest to me, so Reds and Bengals, But they have no basketball or hockey, technically I should be a Sacramento Kings fan? Because they once upon a time played in Cincy? Well I’m not, I chose the spurs because 8 year old me didn’t know what a spur was and loved their colors. Hockey I still really don’t have a team, although I have kinda takin to Vegas because their new

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Chelsea is the name of the Manhattan neighborhood my aunts lived in so completely based on that, I chose that team to follow when I started watching the Premier League a few years back. 

XM4KeeA.png

I've got a full circle story for this one. In the mid-70's, I was a little kid visiting the Pro Football Hall of Fame for the first time and saw a picture of the helmets for two new teams about to enter the NFL, the Seahawks and the Buccaneers. That Seattle helmet was just about the coolest thing I'd ever seen ... Great logo and amazing color scheme. Green and blue together?  Seemed almost illegal. They instantly became my second team, made easier since they were initially an AFC team. Much later, when they switched to that sad blue get up, they lost something to me and became just another team. When they went full time monochrome, they started to become an annoyance to me, and when they switched to the current look (compounded by the fact that they seemed to be overstocked with chest pounding jackasses) I went to full-on hating them. It would be interesting to me to see if my feelings about that team would change if they went back to some version of their first look.  Of course, they'll need to fire that gum chewing smarm bucket, too.

I really took a liking to the Flying Elvis in the 90s.  After the Oilers fell apart, the Pats were my AFC team, and probably still would be if I didn't loathe Brady.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived