Eagle Logo

DaRadniz29

I started out trying to get create an eagle logo just to see how I'd do, also I think in my head I wanted to see if I could update my HS alma mater's eagle logo, which I think is somewhat outdated.  Now, I don't usually post anything except the final product, but I've decided to post the progression on how I ended up on with the current logo I guess as a reference to see how I got from point A to point B. 

First the progression chart, left to right.  I noticed the shade of blue is off as well, I really have a hard time picking a color blue, because I like pretty much every shade of blue.  

kmM4LGJ.png

And now, the current logo: 

2lE2Iyz.png

I think because my HS alma mater has an blue and white eagle head on a golden yellow helmet I prefer the eagle head without the gold outline. I do think this logo would be a good update, that is if they ever decided to go from the logo they've used since I can remember. I'll see if I can find the logo they currently use.  

Note: One thing I noticed when designing this is that when creating an original, from scratch eagle head logo and have it look different enough from other designs isn't necessarily hard, but it's not all that easy either.

A good start.  Here’s what I’m noticing. First, it needs more neck. The beak abruptly cuts off under the eye and the rest of the head looks decapitated. Second, too much shading around the eye. You might also want to try moving the eye up a bit. Really, the head shape needs the most work here but you’re going in the right direction compared to your progression images.

Archived