Sign in to follow this  
Louis

FC Nantes

I hope this split N thing isn't becoming a trend. That being said it's a nice mark, very balanced. Looks great in that embroidered visual on the website.

1 hour ago, agentrygraphics said:

So....JuveNantes then?

NashNantes

Btw that’s a huge downgrade 

I always loved the history and intricate detail of soccer(football) crests that you don’t see often in logos for other major sports. So this minimalisticly-modern trend is kind of worrying. 

Im not against the new one. Im sure it looks a lot better on kits than it does digitally, and brand identity makes sense. Def a good look, wish there was some green in it though, but im sure it will change based on the backdrop, this example is just all yellow

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

I always loved the history and intricate detail of soccer(football) crests that you don’t see often in logos for other major sports. So this minimalisticly-modern trend is kind of worrying. 

to be honest, for whatever reason most French football crests aren't that good, especially compared to some of the rugby union crests they have. 

I like it.  But not knowing the history behind the old crest it’s hard to rate the change.  If they threw out a bunch of historical elements that’s no good.  But the new one looks good  

Hmm.  I like it.   Strip away all the dross and find a single, powerful symbol to build around. 

I like it, but that’s just my taste. I like a logo that’s simple and gets its point across as quickly as possible. The old crest looks kinda cheap and minor-league-ish by comparison, and all those details get lost on the players' jerseys so you can’t really appreciate them from more than a few feet.

I get that there might be some heraldic significance here, but that doesn’t translate well to sports aesthetics, at least not often.