NAFA Project | MIA, CHI, SA, DET updates added 1/19

PERRIN

On 1/3/2020 at 5:28 PM, Punchy_Gungus said:

Sorry for the absence. Wasn't much inspiration this holiday season. I'm trying to update the series at the very least every 2-3 weeks, but I'm not sure how long I can keep up the pace.

I made a new template, loosely based on @mr.nascar13 and @raysox's templates, with thicker lines, sleeve detail, and better functionality.

Anyways, moving on to the next team, the Miami Suns.

ogkWsgR.png

RurN8Kt.png

W1LAeoe.png

I know the name isn't very original, but I couldn't get anything else to work. I went with a neon sign, miami vice theme, with more original colors. I'm not sure the colors work with the Suns moniker, but I think it looks good.

Damn...! I dunno very many cities that could pull off hot pink on a sports uniform. This is nice.

Moving on to the next round of concepts.

Sand Diego Captains:

pkRN4I5.png

Em3ylKx.png

hH2TQuN.png

Completely ditched the Sacramento Kraken, moving the team to San Diego. Went with a nautical/naval theme in powder blue and gold. Chevrons are found throughout the striping.

Washington Sentinels:

6oAsiiu.png

XXHmUqn.png

MYtWwsq.png

Pretty standard DC concept here. DC flag is used in the shield and striping. I used Bowen Hobbs' Capitals concept as a reference for the dome shading.

Los Angeles Waves:

cczKJ6g.png

ALd7lQW.png

tP6L7Zk.png

Switched the name from Tides to Waves now that Seattle became the Emeralds. Went with a simple, timeless rolling wave logo. Not quite 100% on the gray highlighting, but it's fine for now. I also added a new custom font and tweaked the uniform striping.

And here's an updated list of teams and cities. 

oMGRYbc.png

That's all for now.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• PERRIN changed the title to (San Diego, Washington teams, Los Angeles Update added [30/40]) International Association of American Football

This is a great thread with some great concepts - amongst the best I’ve seen in an entire concept league.  My only gripe would be the overuse of the fleur-de-lis... I think you have that in the logo of three teams - Quebec, St. Louis, and New Orleans.

Great concepts! One thing, though: don't use "Carolina" for Charlotte. If you need names, I'd say Firebirds is pretty unique, and it makes sense: there's a famous statue in Charlotte called The Firebird that has a really unique shape and is pretty iconic. Here's a good piece on it and it's significance: https://www.tripsavvy.com/firebird-sculpture-charlote-583845. If you already have a concept in place for the Aviators, I understand, but I think this is a better name for the city.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Atlanta Rampage or Atlanta Silverbacks - The first name simply sounds good to me. For some reason, in my mind's eye, I see the logo package for it revolving around images of a charging rhinoceros. As for the second suggestion, it is a tip of the hat to Zoo Atlanta's simian ambassador for nearly 40 years, Willie B. Though Willie has passed on, his legacy lives in Zoo Atlanta's world-renowned gorilla program, as well as his many offspring who call the zoo home.

Kansas City Stampede - A tribute to the importance of the livestock industry in Kansas City, particularly during the 80-year heyday of the Kansas City Stockyards.

New York Centaurs - This suggestion draws upon a powerful and majestic figure of myth and fable with which to brand a New York-based team. Additionally, the first letter in each word of said identity lends itself to a ligature mark - NYC - that is also a nickname for the metropolis.  

Portland Stags or Portland Cutthroats - The former name recognizes both Oregon's abundant wildlife and the famous sign atop the structure at 70 NW Couch Street in Portland that has featured the depiction of a leaping white stag - originally promoting White Stag Sportswear - since 1957. The latter name (should you opt not to use it for a Denver-based franchise) is that of a gamefish much prized by local anglers.

Vancouver Grizzlies or Vancouver Silvertips - Named for Ursus arctos horribilis, the large, powerful ursine predators of Pacific Canada. The second name references the grey, white, or blonde tips of hair found on many grizzlies.