NAFA Project | MIA, CHI, SA, DET updates added 1/19

PERRIN

Two quick things.  Blizzard has 2 'd"s in it, and I agree with the earlier comment that the Outlaw's hat looks more like a fedora than a cowboy hat.  The shape of the hat is too straight (needs to be wider at bottom than top) and the crease is not typical.  I also think the brim could be more curved for a cowboy hat.  Those two comments aside, I like a lot of the identities you have created.  

On 4/9/2020 at 11:20 AM, mvk said:

Nashville Ospreys 

a play on words with the Grand Old Opry and also the Osprey is a common bird in Tennessee

What along the Mississippi or Tennessee River or lakes? If I'm not mistaken, I thought an osprey lives along the coast?

On 4/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, neo_prankster said:

Looking forward to seeing this series continue.

OYLOwbI.jpg

I'm finally back with another round of concepts. A few updates and 2 new teams for today. 

Philadelphia Cannons: Complete overhaul. New colors, uniforms, and logo shape. Ditched the forced keystone in favor of 13 stars around the crest. Alternate is supposed to be a 30s faxback, though i'm not sure how well it works.

aFXesci.png

51pRO5Q.png

Denver Mountaineers: Crest is now much shorter, swapped out the pickaxes for climbing axes, added some mountains to the striping, and made a simplified crest for the helmet logo.

YWy87iF.png

93Sck5B.png

Miami Tropics: New name, logo and color scheme. A less garish but still quintessentially Florida color scheme, and more traditional uniforms.

79Dw4ea.png

vB4ESeP.png

Pittsburgh Iron:  I'm not too happy with this, but it works well enough. We don't really need more metalworking industry teams for Pittsburgh, but this one has bridge striping.

Y7tYir5.png

TmrIqsB.png

Kansa City Wranglers: I don't really have a primary logo yet, (mostly because steer heads - what I would have as a primary - are hard to draw) but I definitely like this KC monogram, and I really liked the way the font and uniforms turned out.

cFc6Wmr.png

VgPaHZl.png

That's all I have for now. I'd love some C&C on the newer teams.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 12

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• PERRIN changed the title to (PIT & KC teams, PHI, DEN, MIA updates added]) International Association of American Football
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

Stockpiled some concepts during my hiatus. I've got two new teams and three updates. Let's start with the updates.

San Antonio Marshals: Changed the badge shape to fit better, replaced the 5-point star with a 6-point, and swapped out the black for a dark brown to give off a more western feel.

Uniforms are updated accordingly, with a bit of gold trim added to the sleeve cuffs and collar.

4CGHZFE.png

h7RVie3.png

Ottawa Grey Jays: Streamlined the logo and colors and changed the font. Uniforms updated accordingly.

s3SvKqb.png

94VMeCw.png

Lumières du Québec: Fixed some stroke inconsistencies and rotated the aurora striping. Uniforms have updated striping. Flag alternate is booted.

PbgBSpJ.png

BoZ1sPJ.png

And the new teams...

New York Towers: Honors the captivating New York skyline, emphasizing the art deco style used on several famous buildings. Uniforms are fairly traditional.

Zi2jdW5.png

iSlFXJk.png

GPJ0NBv.png

Dallas Outlaws: References the history of thievery and swindling in the western frontier. Big rivals with San Antonio.

5JJnfMa.png

pjQblUC.png

dmAtjOc.png

That's all I have ready right now. I've names down for all teams except Nashville, if you guys have any ideas. I don't know how long it will be before I'll have more concepts ready, and there are a few teams I want to update (primarily Denver and Philly), but I'm pretty close to the series' end. This series has been a great challenge and joy to me in many ways so far.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, Punchy_Gungus said:

Stockpiled some concepts during my hiatus. I've got two new teams and three updates. Let's start with the updates.

San Antonio Marshals: Changed the badge shape to fit better, replaced the 5-point star with a 6-point, and swapped out the black for a dark brown to give off a more western feel.

Uniforms are updated accordingly, with a bit of gold trim added to the sleeve cuffs and collar.

4CGHZFE.png

h7RVie3.png

Ottawa Grey Jays: Streamlined the logo and colors and changed the font. Uniforms updated accordingly.

s3SvKqb.png

94VMeCw.png

Lumières du Québec: Fixed some stroke inconsistencies and rotated the aurora striping. Uniforms have updated striping. Flag alternate is booted.

PbgBSpJ.png

BoZ1sPJ.png

And the new teams...

New York Towers: Honors the captivating New York skyline, emphasizing the art deco style used on several famous buildings. Uniforms are fairly traditional.

Zi2jdW5.png

iSlFXJk.png

GPJ0NBv.png

Dallas Outlaws: References the history of thievery and swindling in the western frontier. Big rivals with San Antonio.

5JJnfMa.png

pjQblUC.png

dmAtjOc.png

That's all I have ready right now. I've names down for all teams except Nashville, if you guys have any ideas. I don't know how long it will be before I'll have more concepts ready, and there are a few teams I want to update (primarily Denver and Philly), but I'm pretty close to the series' end. This series has been a great challenge and joy to me in many ways so far.

I'd like to see that NHL Dallas Stars use this D logo - their current one always looks too low and off centered on their jersey.

Finally finished another new team. Also added a few updates.

Portland Millers: Honors the lumber industry in the Pacific Northwest. I wanted to add flannel or wheat field patterns somehow, but it didn't work out. Portland flag is used in the logo and on the helmet striping.

IRejFWa.png

Mnq6X3r.png

Montréal Monarchs: Redesigned logo. Looks more like a crown, added a maple leaf, and made the fortifications more obvious. Uniforms now have contrasting collar and sleeve cuffs with yellow stripes.

shwHy7w.png

rvCh6mC.png

Boston Mariners: I gotta stop updating this team but i'm never happy with it. (Probably because it'd be the team I root for.) Made the purple less blue, switched from sky blue to powder, made another new font, and changed the uniform striping.

fHVSx8r.png

ZlijObT.png

I also made updates to San Diego and St. Louis' uniforms. For the Captains, I changed the striping to be more consistent and to look better on all backgrounds, and squared out the font.

NF8bh4t.png

For St. Louis, I changed the colors to wine and copper to better reflect roman armor, and swapped out the meander striping for the secondary logo on the sleeves.

tMZU7Kn.png

That's all for now.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to (PDX team, MTL, BOS, SD, STL updates added]) International Association of American Football
On 5/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

What about making the Miami red closer to pale pink? 

I wanted something more unique, and I feel that the coral looks better.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, texashockeyfan said:

Good job on Portland. How about Atlanta, Vancouver and Phoenix? 

I have decided on names and color schemes for all of those teams, but i'm having trouble with the logos. In case you're wondering, the teams are Atlanta Express in peach and black, Vancouver Huskies in teal and navy, and Arizona Firebirds in vermillion, plum, and various shades of orange and yellow. 

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Finished up 2 new teams this week.

Cleveland Oaks: While I'm not that happy with the name, I found the concept and colors to suit Cleveland well. Logo is a repurposed version of a logo I made for a client. Uniforms striping reflects the ring and wordmark.

HFkCa2u.png

uUT6Evc.png

Arizona Thunderbirds: Ignore the above post, this turned out way better than what I initially planned. Honors the native population in Arizona, more specifically the Navajo tribe. Logo is an based of a southwestern thunderbird design I found on google. Navajo patterns adorn the helmet and pants, while the Arizona flag sits on the shoulders.  the thunderbird usually seems to face left, so I decided to not flip it on the helmets.

R3YyX5v.png

YGnYjKi.png

And here's an updated team/division list. Only 4 cities left, and 4 updates to existing teams needed.

zL2VeHk.png

That's all for now.

• Like 13

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to (CLE & ARZ added [36/40]) International Association of American Football