NAFA Project | MIA, CHI, SA, DET updates added 1/19

PERRIN

Absolutely adoring what you've got going on with St. Louis. The contrasting sleeves on the white uniform is awesome and that STL monogram is class. I think the helmet might need some white, but other than that STL's looking great. I love Quebec, the way you've done the Northern Lights is so cool and they're easily my favorite team. Love the soft gradient on the pants and helmet in particular. Dallas looks nice, the striping is classy and they look good. Great work as always, really looking forward to the final teams!

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 hours ago, texashockeyfan said:

Why does Los Angeles’ color scheme look so much like that of the Miami Dolphins? 

Because I thought it looked good. The two teams don't even look remotely similar outside of having teal jerseys and white helmets. Let I checked the Dolphins don't have sunrise block gradient striping. Why does the Celtics' color scheme look so much like that of the Ohio University Bobcats?

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I finally came up with a good idea for Vancouver a few nights ago and I was able to slap it together. I'm quite happy with how this one turned out, though it may need a tweak or two here and there. At the very least, I've got the general look of the team down and I'm quite pleased with it for the time being.

Vancouver Ravens

Vancouver's logo features a flying raven surrounding a bold V, adorned by purple detailing inspired by Haida art much like the Canucks and Seahawks. The uniforms feature shimmery feather patterns and pearlescent black/purple details to reflect the coloring of a raven, inspired by @nate.sweitz and @bmoore's Baltimore Ravens concepts.

v2daOxl.png

pAbIUOl.png

That's all I have for now, but I believe I'm down to only a small handful of teams left to update. I'm planning on updating Nashville, Atlanta, Charlotte, San Francisco, San Antonio, and maybe Miami, but after that, I think the project will be finished. 

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to NAFA Project | Vancouver Added (finally) 3/31
  • 3 weeks later...

After years of being unhappy with them, I've finally scrounged up a serviceable update for the Nashville Rhythm, inspired by @edjb93's Tulsa Swing concept and @jaha32's Nashville Rhythm team.

Nashville's new identity revolves around a custom script featuring a combination N/music note mark with the shape of Tennessee as a serif placed on a guitar pick badge. The badge also contains a trumpet motif and the triple star symbol from the Tennessee flag. Alternate marks include a music note mark and the N/note mark on guitar pick badges. It took a bunch of tries to get everything looking good, but I'm really happy with how this turned out. The uniforms lean more towards the traditional, the main goal was to use the colors effectively without going overboard with the music symbolism, as I felt the logos carried the theme well enough.

24eciGd.png

nQT4aDm.png

That's all I have for now. Only a few more teams left to update before I'm finished with this series. It's been a super fun yet lengthy ride.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to NAFA Project | Nashville Updated (finally) 4/21

That's a great idea. I had my doubts about using the full badge over the other logos, but the Nash script works really well. For the sake of exploring all my options, I also tried out the other logos, just to get a feel for how they would work. I think I'll stick with the script for the foreseeable future.

EzVChdP.png

n2rqpBY.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

lBzmcSM.png

You did your homework really well with that shout-out to my Tulsa WNBA team concept. But is it just me, or are the colors on the striping on orange background appears different? On my screen, one side is black while the other is anthracite.

As for the helmet decal, the Nash script is a great choice. If I'm going to rank your 3 helmet decal choices from highest to lowest, I'd say 1st, 3rd, 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I think the N/Guitar Pick logo is the better helmet choice for Nashville, unless they’re THAT team that can’t make up their minds on what helmet to go with, so they use all four over the course of a season, in which case, 🤘🏼

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy gamers,

I finished high school! To celebrate, here's a couple of updates. I still have a few more teams to go, but I plan on finishing this series for good by the end of the summer. Anyways, onto the updates.

Philadelphia Cannons

Philly gets an updated logo set, including two new alternate badges, a slightly darkened color scheme, and tweaked uniforms.

0NzOyJl.png54ahoAq.png

San Antonio Marshals

San Antonio gets a complete overhaul, with the color scheme shifting from brown and champagne gold to maroon, black, and a sandy gray. The logo now consists of an Alamo-inspired shield adorned with a Marshal's badge and an SA monogram. Uniforms rely on unique striping and a western-style number font.

1cyFwlv.png

nApQsYO.png

That's all for now. I'm excited to continue updated the last few teams and hopefully finishing up this league for good.

• Like 8

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to NAFA Project | SA & PHI updated 5/15

Loving the updates! The classic font for Philly works super well and SA's new badge is rad. That SA interlock in particular rules. The helmet really shines with that deep red. Awesome stuff as always, excited to see you wrap this up!

the user formerly known as cdclt

Yes! Was looking forward to a new update on this series! Congrats on finishing high school too! 

San Antonio gets a chefs kiss! Perfectly executed. 

my only quarrel with Philly is I kinda lose the cannon logo in the blue helmet, other than that, a solid work. Keep it up. Been following since the start and now we’re on the home stretch! 

• 4 weeks later...