NAFA Project | MIA, CHI, SA, DET updates added 1/19

PERRIN

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Looks like it's time to step in here. First and foremost, the cross on the Stars logo is fine. There's only so many ways to do that particular shape and no matter what concept you use it in, the comparisons to the Fire's old logo will always be there. (Sidebar: there's no statute of limitations on plagiarizing a logo or portions of a logo in or not-in use). 

For the Kraken and Sea Lion logos, since you used portions of other's original work, I'm asking you to remove them from your thread. 

Other than that, carry on. 

Sounds fair. I'll remove and revise them until they're suitable.

• Like 2

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Moving on to the next concept, here is a completely redesigned Seattle team, the Seattle Emeralds.

7m9RP5D.png

HBkODQI.png

brnFSto.png

Decided to ditch the Shockwaves moniker, opting instead for a name that fits the city much more. The striping is supposed to reflect the structure of a gemstone.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 6

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to (Seattle Rebrand added [25/40]) International Association of American Football

Moving on to a concept I don't think is ready yet, but I put it out to see what you guys think. I've also updated Buffalo and redesigned the league logo.

Cincinnati Shamrocks:

Ihk0xpB.png

Qm6UB2U.png

A simple, timeless logo, but a bit too simple for my taste. Uniforms are -again- traditional and timeless, but they fit with the Irish themes. Not so sure I like this, but it works for now.

Buffalo Polar Bears:

PdO7zgp.png

brwUXbr.png

bSBswtw.png

Moved on from the needless double blue, opting instead for powder blue and white. It looks much better in my opinion. made the uniforms more simple as well.

Here's an updated league logo. I can't really decide on a color scheme for the league, so it's used in a bunch of colors for now.

1kbfng0.png

That's all for now.

C&C appreciated. Made in Affinity Designer.

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to (Cincinnati Team, Buffalo Update, New League Logo added [26/40]) International Association of American Football

Moving on to the next team, along with an update.

San Antonio Marshals:

BcEuAUZ.png

7iInm9D.png

dP74WyP.png

Went with an old west theme for this team. Put the Alamo on top of the shield. I used beveling to make it more detailed, hopefully it looks good, as this is the first time i've gotten it to work. The serifs and beveling are also found throughout the uniforms.

New Orleans Corsairs:

TQwEjeb.png

KHzno4B.png

0oQovYO.png

Updated the color scheme to one that pops better and added a custom font. (not quite happy with the 7.) That's all I got for now.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 9

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to (San Antonio Team, New Orleans Update added [27/40]) International Association of American Football
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the absence. Wasn't much inspiration this holiday season. I'm trying to update the series at the very least every 2-3 weeks, but I'm not sure how long I can keep up the pace.

I made a new template, loosely based on @mr.nascar13 and @raysox's templates, with thicker lines, sleeve detail, and better functionality.

Anyways, moving on to the next team, the Miami Suns.

ogkWsgR.png

RurN8Kt.png

W1LAeoe.png

I know the name isn't very original, but I couldn't get anything else to work. I went with a neon sign, miami vice theme, with more original colors. I'm not sure the colors work with the Suns moniker, but I think it looks good.

I also updated the Baltimore Warriors. I'm still not happy with the name, but the logo change is much more fitting for both the location and mascot. I added a custom wordmark as well.

X2efznA.png

8utA3TO.png

b1z3J5c.png

The collar and sleeves have a sublimated flag pattern, similar to Oklahoma State's Uniforms. That's all for now.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to (Miami team, Baltimore Update added [28/40]) International Association of American Football

Just some team names for the Pittsburgh team:

Maulers- original USFL team

Predators- use of alliteration

Oilers- an ode to the origin of the American oil rush in western Pa in 1859

Vulcans- I saw this recommended earlier and liked it a lot. Also the mascot of Cal U of Pa. 

Bridgers- For all the various bridges. Also used for the mascot of local Ambridge High School

Pathfinders/Pioneers- the lewis and clark expedition started in present day Pittsburgh 

(Pathfinders is my personal favorite)