NAFA Project | MIA, CHI, SA, DET updates added 1/19

PERRIN

Finished up Atlanta and a few updates.

Atlanta Swarm: Pays tribute to the honeybee's status as state insect, with a peach and charcoal color scheme, hexagon patterns, and an alternate beehive ATL logo.

o2pnLDg.png

6Uopmow.png

aJ89gE6.png

San Francisco Trolleys: Decided to ditch the Stellers moniker in favor of a more common sight in the area. Color scheme and font stays the same. 

GuRF9U7.png

nVQ2HAO.png

OAxXrfW.png

Los Angeles Waves: Powder blue and orange is the new color scheme, uniforms are redesigned. 

VS3zglr.png

cy4evPk.png

That's all I have for now. Only 3 teams and 2 updates left.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 11

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• PERRIN changed the title to (ATL team, SF & LA Updates added [37/40]) International Association of American Football

I love the updates and Atlanta! The hive ATL logo is sheer brilliance. The only changed I'd make is maybe going with "Bees" instead of Swarm, but that's just my aversion to singular names. Excited to see the final teams!

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

41 minutes ago, QCS said:

I love the updates and Atlanta! The hive ATL logo is sheer brilliance. The only changed I'd make is maybe going with "Bees" instead of Swarm, but that's just my aversion to singular names. Excited to see the final teams!

I echo your comments 100%! I cannot stand singular names at all. 

I really love the Bridge logo for the Trolleys!

N3d5IIl.png

I think the Trolleys have a great name, logo and uniforms options, but they feel like a soccer team. I think the logo on the helmet is a little bit out of place for football, but it isn't far off the mark. Think there was a missed opportunity to put that trolly car on the helmet with its side facing the viewer, making it so it looks like it has some movement forwards towards the facemask (Hope I explained that well enough). I think that would make the team feel more football.

Other than that, I love Atlanta as a whole, and LA looks solid.

• Like 2

I always thought Detroit Motors was a good name. That’s the name of the team in a football concept I’m working on. Maybe give it a go.

That beehive “A” is pretty darn smart. Big fan of clever stuff like that. Well done. Digging how unique the colors are for ATL as well.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up Detroit along with a bevy of updates and a new league logo.

The new league logo is simplified, taller, and sleeker. Retains the two halves divided by the white stripes. Conference logos are the upper and lower halves of the badge.

bVTFg6U.png

C1PSZz7.png

Detroit Mechanics: Standard Detroit automotive team with a more unique name. Font and uniforms are classy but bold and blocky, and the stripes on the helmet and pants are a nod to the Lions. Tried a lot of directions for Detroit but ended up here.

N273SeZ.png

TALkK0N.png

Las Vegas Gamblers: I wasn't happy with anything for the venom, so I started over with everything but the colors. Logo reflects poker chips, roulette wheels, and cards, all staples of the gambling industry, with the iconic Las Vegas star taking the spotlight. The wordmark also takes cues form the sign.

J8eLj3m.png

iOT1LyR.png

Seattle Emeralds: Ditched double green, opting instead for gem-inspired beveling on both green and white. The beveling is also placed throughout the uniforms.

VYvtyWr.png

6c416q0.png

Minnesota Lumberjacks: Removed white form the color scheme, added plaid to the axes, and updated the font. Uniforms are redesigned with plaid in the striping.

hausiEE.png

CaOwS53.png

Jacksonville Cyclones: I wasn't happy with blue and black, so I opted for double blue instead. Overused, I know, but it works really well. Font is redesign again. Uniforms are updated with better hurricane flag stripes.

FzQusYP.png

ElRyH7n.png

That's all I've got for now. Only a few teams left.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 10

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

• PERRIN changed the title to (DET team, Various Updates added [37/40]) International Association of American Football

Mechanics is a fantastic name and the look is very classy. Las Vegas looks way better. I’ve never been a fan of singular names so Gamblers is an upgrade despite the commonality of it. Most of all I’m happy you kept the colors.

• Like 1