Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

The white side panels on the Bengals black and orange jerseys. So unnecessary and they always stand out to me. It would be better if it were either matching the jersey color like the Whites or continues the tiger stripe pattern down the side (missed opportunity)

• Like 11

GO NETS.

40 minutes ago, joshey said:

The white side panels on the Bengals black and orange jerseys. So unnecessary and they always stand out to me. It would be better if it were either matching the jersey color like the Whites or continues the tiger stripe pattern down the side (missed opportunity)

Honestly, everything about the Bengals and Buccaneers jerseys annoy me. They have no redeeming qualities apart from the fact that the people wearing them are playing football.

Used to hate the Jags glitter helmets and then hated their two tone helmets even more, but now that they're all black + the logo they're fine.

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Dallas not having a black outline around the numbers and the captain's letters. It looks like an unfinished cheap screen printing job for a youth or a beer league team.

WildStarsHockey.JPG

And before anybody says "Well you can't see the black on the green", their AHL team does it and it's a much more "finished" look.

42917058_10156805218461869_8267190915219

• Like 11

IEI5Tg1.png

4 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

Gray Face mask.

👊 fight me! 

"Hey! Look at us! We had a blue facemask that looked fine, but now we've made it grey again because that's what we wore in the 1950's. We're so vintage! And old! Look at us!"

• Like 8

I personally like the Grey Facemask a smidge better than the Blue facemark. Both are good looks. I would personally like to see them go back to Royal Blue, similar to their Color Rash Uniform. Blue Pants would be a nice way Alternate.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2

da0Lbhs.png

56 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

I personally like the Grey Facemask a smidge better than the Blue facemark. Both are good looks. I would personally like to see them go back to Royal Blue, similar to their Color Rash Uniform. Blue Pants would be a nice way Alternate.

spacer.pngspacer.png

White face mask getting no love.

spacer.png

• Like 12

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

Dallas not having a black outline around the numbers and the captain's letters. It looks like an unfinished cheap screen printing job for a youth or a beer league team.

WildStarsHockey.JPG

And before anybody says "Well you can't see the black on the green", their AHL team does it and it's a much more "finished" look.

42917058_10156805218461869_8267190915219

Agreed. The closest NHL team comparison would be the sharks who use a black outline for their numbers and it looks fine.spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

Agreed. The closest NHL team comparison would be the sharks who use a black outline for their numbers and it looks fine.spacer.png

Reminds me of those garbage Green Bay Packers uniforms with all the gold trim but none around the numbers. #trash 🙄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

pi-josh-hader-milwaukee-brewers.vadapt.7

The yellow splotch in the middle of the wordmark on the Milwaukee Brewers' blues.  There has to be a better way of addressing when the buttoned jersey opens up.  Switch to pullover?  Make that yellow part blue?  Anything but the status quo.

The only possible answer is to ditch those horrendous uniforms for one where the gap doesn’t matter so much. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

7 hours ago, agentrygraphics said:

The center "stripes" of the Carolina Panthers helmet have never set right with me. There are no elements of those weird stripes anywhere else on the jersey through the course of the team's uniform history....and the fact that both "swipes" come so close to the main helmet decal near the back really irk me.

spacer.png

...and the 2 navy blue "spikes" on the old Titans helmet always bugged me as well...again...the spikes were nowhere else in the uniform.

spacer.png

Carolina's aren't as bad. They've always had similar slashes down the sides of their pants, and really the shoulder loops look kind of like a full-circle version of the helmet stripe too.

• Like 1

Alright, time to pick on my favourite football team.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders having the 4 diagonal stripes within their pant stripe on just the left leg.  It is annoying.  This is a tally of the number of Grey Cups the team has won.  There have been 106 Grey Cups and the Riders have been around for all of them.  Really silly to put this on the uniform to boast as they've only won 4 Grey Cups in the 106-year period.

spacer.png

Also annoyed that they have the white pants, yet they insist on always wearing green pants with green jerseys for their primary home uniforms.

spacer.png

• Like 4