Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

7 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

EA have been surprisingly spot on so far with the RR jerseys. I'm really hoping this one is just a mistake. Dark socks would look awful with white jerseys and helmets

they had the pens in black helmets for the RR, but they're using white.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I don't like how they kept that version of the helmet logo either.  

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The 2005 font is superior to the saloon font.

Definite unpopular opinion!

I don't hate the 2005 font by any means (especially without the excessive drop shadows), but I just strongly prefer the saloon font. I think it's a great combination of tradition and uniqueness.

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

While I like the Vegas Golden Knights uniform set, what bugs me is that while the uniform and the secondary logo have a touch of red (which I think makes the whole uniform pop), the main logo has no red in it at all. Couldn't they fit a little red in there somewhere?

The thing that bothers me the most about the Golden Knights is the random black logo and breezers on the road set. I like the grey being the main color on the road, but something like the name and numbers should have been black. 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

• 6 months later...

Good observation.  I wonder what the style guide says about how the logo should be used against various colored backgrounds.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

31 minutes ago, M4One said:

Adidas/NHL adding the black tab on the back of the hem on jerseys promoting their new recycled jerseys.  If I was going to buy a new jersey, that's the first thing to go, just like how I took off the jock tag on my Reebok jersey.

I kinda like it, it reminds me of how the old makers marks in the 90’s use to be there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dont care said:

I kinda like it, it reminds me of how the old makers marks in the 90’s use to be there.

The way it's placed on the hem doesn't look right, though.  If it really needed to be there (it should be on the inside collar), then at least place it up a bit like the old maker's mark.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:13 PM, M4One said:

Adidas/NHL adding the black tab on the back of the hem on jerseys promoting their new recycled jerseys.  If I was going to buy a new jersey, that's the first thing to go, just like how I took off the jock tag on my Reebok jersey.

Why would you remove the tag when it appears on the in-game jerseys? Doesn't that make your replica jersey that much more inauthentic?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

Why would you remove the tag when it appears on the in-game jerseys? Doesn't that make your replica jersey that much more inauthentic?

Because the placement looks bad on the jersey.  Granted, if one didn't already know it was there, you probably wouldn't even notice it.

And, as for making it inauthentic, does that mean I should stitch on ad patches when that starts happening to make sure it's as authentic as to the on ice jerseys?

4 minutes ago, M4One said:

And, as for making it inauthentic, does that mean I should stitch on ad patches when that starts happening to make sure it's as authentic as to the on ice jerseys?

I don't think an advertisement is comparable to a manufacturer's tag, but sure.

I mean, while we're at it, we may as well cut off all the CCM and Koho tags off our old Y2K jerseys. They've got the same placement as the End Plastic Waste tags, and are just as big as the ads on the front of the jerseys will be, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTConcepts said:

I don't think an advertisement is comparable to a manufacturer's tag, but sure.

I mean, while we're at it, we may as well cut off all the CCM and Koho tags off our old Y2K jerseys. They've got the same placement as the End Plastic Waste tags, and are just as big as the ads on the front of the jerseys will be, right?

I am not against the manufacturer's tag being on the jersey.  Adidas tag is already on the back of the collar.  However, I just don't like how it was placed right at the bottom of the hem.  Maybe, if had been moved up a little, it would not look as out of place as I think it does.  I also don't particularly think the tag is necessary at all.  It's great that the jerseys are made out of recycled materials, but nobody is going out of their way to buy or not buy a hockey jersey for that reason.

The Lakers piping. Like why isn’t the yellow white ? Just to separate it from the classic retro jerseys ? It looks soooooo dumb. And don’t get me started on the random black side panels on the purple jerseys  absolutely terrible.spacer.png

• Like 7

13 hours ago, bushy said:

The Lakers piping. Like why isn’t the yellow white ? Just to separate it from the classic retro jerseys ? It looks soooooo dumb. And don’t get me started on the random black side panels on the purple jerseys  absolutely terrible.spacer.png

🤑🤑🤑

They can sell these as current "authentics", and sell the Showtime-era ones as throwbacks.

• Like 3