Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

16 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

Don't the Chicago Bears have the same issue?

Not quite...yes, the outlines are thick, but not to the extent that they look like the throwback Dolphins numbers.  Interestingly, it appears the outlines weren't as thick in the early 60s...anyway, I give you young Mike Ditka in the 60s, Jay Hilgenberg and Wilber Marshall in the 80s and Roquan Smith a month ago.

e16fd91e-c0e0-4da6-a9d1-d122d7660848-dit

72376088.0.jpg

s-l400.jpg

1244361778.0.jpg

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 1 month later...

Cheap Cleveland Browns,Replica Cleveland Browns,wholesale Cleveland  Browns,Discount Cleveland Browns

This is less for game day uniforms, but if Nike can put the sleeve stripes this high for the 2015 Browns fan jerseys, why couldn't they do that for the rest of their fan jerseys? I know that it's so the stripe is even going across the shirt, but that's where the regular sleeve stripes on every other jersey sits as well. I'm not a fan of the long sleeves, and they get cut short for the ladies jerseys, so why not the men's?

Mens Cleveland Browns Jerseys, Browns Jerseys | shop.clevelandbrowns.com

The top 10 NFL jerseys of 2022: The most popular football players of the  season (so far) - CBS News

Justin Fields Chicago Bears Women's Replica Jersey by Nike® | Official NFL

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Cheap Cleveland Browns,Replica Cleveland Browns,wholesale Cleveland  Browns,Discount Cleveland Browns

This is less for game day uniforms, but if Nike can put the sleeve stripes this high for the 2015 Browns fan jerseys, why couldn't they do that for the rest of their fan jerseys? I know that it's so the stripe is even going across the shirt, but that's where the regular sleeve stripes on every other jersey sits as well. I'm not a fan of the long sleeves, and they get cut short for the ladies jerseys, so why not the men's?

Mens Cleveland Browns Jerseys, Browns Jerseys | shop.clevelandbrowns.com

The top 10 NFL jerseys of 2022: The most popular football players of the  season (so far) - CBS News

Justin Fields Chicago Bears Women's Replica Jersey by Nike® | Official NFL

I don’t think I’d want a jersey with nothingness below the stipe on the sleeve.

It also has to do with the cut of jersey. Most cuts for players are high and tight so the striping has to be there. I don’t see fans running around with those cuts.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t think I’d want a jersey with nothingness below the stipe on the sleeve.

It also has to do with the cut of jersey. Most cuts for players are high and tight so the striping has to be there. I don’t see fans running around with those cuts.

Same here. I'd be fine with sleeves that are shorter, about the same length of the women's shirt.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, M4One said:

Don't even have to watch their games ever, but the Carolina Hurricanes continuing to wear red helmets with their white jerseys really bugs me.  

They look so bad and I can’t believe they continue to do so. I hope the NHL comes up with some sort of rule change for this…

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I think the red helmet with the white jersey looks great. I'd like to see more teams experiment with this, equipment like helmets or even pants specifically for the road. Columbus does it and I think Colorado could use it as well. I'm all for more color in hockey.

• Dislike 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

• 9 months later...