Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

4 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

best helmet in the League

Have you seen Green Bay? Or Dallas? Or the Giants? 

• Like 3

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

8 hours ago, IceBurgs70 said:

The Spurs' outlineless font on their jerseys doesn't match up with the double-outlined numbers anymore. Also, the numbers on the front of the jerseys are too small compared to what they used to be.

Image result for demar derozan

Hate the V-Neck (not just with the Spurs, btw). Make this rounded-neck

• Like 3

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Guys, guys, guys...

Why not just agree that some helmets look good with a gray facemask, while others look better with a colored mask? It doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing

spacer.png

• Like 8

3 hours ago, jn8 said:

Why not just agree that some helmets look good with a gray facemask, while others look better with a colored mask? It doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing

NEVER! RIDE OR DIE!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, YankeeBaseball0934f said:

No picture, but I feel that you need to have two of the same sleeve/shoulder patches or none. 

One of one logo (i.e. primary) and one of another (i.e. alternate), in addition to a logo on one sleeve/shoulder and a blank sleeve/shoulder on the other.

Are you talking about this?

Image result for ny giants football

Or how the Tigers have different logos for hats and jerseys?

Image result for detroit tigers baseball

I think for baseball the size of the caps and jerseys dictate the use of different sizes from the jerseys which have more space for a standard logo. For the Giants, the fact that away jersey has not a stitch of blue and the home jersey has no red makes the set look incomplete. 

10 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

Hate the V-Neck (not just with the Spurs, btw). Make this rounded-neck

I actually like the v-necks, but Nike needs to bring the collars up because they look droopy. They were even worse when the college teams were wearing them. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ooh...forgot one I absolutely hate.  The Buccaneers using a different patch on each sleeve.

• Like 7

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

17 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Grey facemasks are always the superior option, regardless of team.

I like grey facemasks a lot of the time but there are instances where color just looks better. The Dolphins should never have had a grey facemask in any instance - in fact I wish they still had aqua facemasks like before. The pre-1997 Buccaneers looked just fine with orange facemasks. The Chiefs' white facemasks look amazing, as do the Bengals' black masks, as did the old Browns' white masks - and I wouldn't want a grey one on a really modern uniform like those worn by the Jets, Broncos, Falcons, Eagles or Seahawks. 

Most other teams would be fine going with grey facemasks, but I can't think of any team without a silver or grey helmet that absolutely NEEDS one.

• Like 4

On 5/28/2019 at 8:32 PM, MattMill said:

Broad pet peeve. Colors that don't exactly match up on ones uniform. It could be a helmets color with the 'same' colored numbers. Or even shoes that should be red but are more cherry red that varsity red.

This is a good one. SImilar example, it bugs me when some teams use differing shades of the same color seemingly by accident. For example, the Red Sox are supposed to have only one shade of navy blue but here it looks like two shades...

Image result for john farrell red sox

• Like 2

On 5/28/2019 at 8:12 PM, FALCON6 said:

the words "blue jays" in Toronto's wordmark have the team's signature inline, but the word "Toronto" does not.

Huh? Please explain, I'm not seeing what you're saying.

Anyways, baseball wordmarks that are "too slanted." The Brewers and Nationals come to mind first. Both wordmarks look like they are falling down to the left.

Image result for brewers home uniformsImage result for nationals new uniforms

Also... @Gothamite once pointed out a weird issue with the Mets wordmark that I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat over even to this day. It's downright haunting when you realize it.

• Like 2

Baseball teams that for whatever reason have to have their cap logo as a sleeve patch.  The most egregious ones are the Dodgers and the White Sox road.  The addition of and change to those lessened the look for me.  Also included are the Padres, Giants, Angels, etc.  

I'll also add teams that have their city name on the home uniform (Rangers and Marlins.) I would prefer to see "Rangers" and "Marlins" instead of "Texas" and "Miami" when those teams are home.  Looks minor league to me.

• Like 1