Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Meh, the Dodgers and Yankees both look better without white outlines.

In a similar vein to @Gothamite's observation about the Mets, the Rangers' "T" logo (minus drop shadow) is asymmetrical. 

xtmw8n16nfe5ewcc87hen8tec.png

Look at the lower right half of the "T" compared to the left top bar. The drop shadow does distract from it.

Someone should remove the drop shadow, it looks more off than that, the top of the t is shorter on the right side, just as the bottom is. The curve at the top right is also different than on the left. How does this even happen?

Glad i ruined that logo for myself

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

11 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Someone should remove the drop shadow, it looks more off than that, the top of the t is shorter on the right side, just as the bottom is. The curve at the top right is also different than on the left. How does this even happen?

spacer.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I truly have no idea if this is the case or not, but it could've had something to do with "centering".. having the side of the T with the drop shadow being a bit shorter might make up for discrepancies between the actual center and the visual center of the overall logo

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:00 PM, BellaSpurs said:

The T in the Rays logo has this same skew.  I think its an optical illiusion, but Im not sure

1200px-Tampa_Bay_Rays_cap_logo.svg.png

I'm always bothered seeing a pinstriped baseball jersey that uses a plain white nameplate. I don't believe any of the current MLB teams commit this offence, but the old Marlins & Mets are noticeable examples:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 2:20 PM, NoE38 said:

6hVyJeW.jpg

The fact that the yellow and white touch on the yoke but not on the arms or hem. Just have all of them touch or put blue between them. Not both.

While we're here, the white numbers still look wrong to me.  Give me back the yellow.

• Like 19

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Before the addition of the white outline, the Yankees looked like they were wearing wet paper bags.

51D+HSMdbjL._SY445_.jpg?w=250

The white outline and the sleeve stripes made that uniform appear much sharper.

Nettles.png

And the same goes for the Dodgers.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 6

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. I HATE the new cut on the NBA uniforms and that the arm hole trim doesn't go all the way around. I know the argument, but it's 2019. We have the technology. FIX IT!

spacer.png

See also, under Kuzma's arm in this pic:

38071465_10156527104349376_4979401103763

I fixed it, as well as the actual trim itself:

spacer.png

• Like 24

CCSLC Signature.jpg

7 hours ago, PepMan33Conde said:

7227_toronto_raptors-road-2016.gif9275_toronto_raptors-home-2016.gif

7423_toronto_raptors-alternate-2016.gif

From the mothership. I'm bothered by the outlined 'RAPTORS' text on their current uniforms. Here's a closer look below:

4280_toronto_raptors-jersey-2016.png

It bugs me that the raps changed this, the currents are somehow much worse, the side stripe makes a big difference 

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The sleeves on the bottom is correct. The sleeves on top is wrong. See the difference?

Probably around 2006 or 2007, someone decided to change the sleeves and add green on the bottom. It always bothered the hell out of me. 

Not sure how this happened but it did and lasted all the way till the recent uniform change. 

AEObMMz.jpg

• Like 5

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, Wentz2Jeffery said:

One thing that really irks me about the new Jags jerseys is that they look like practice jerseys with no number outline. 

What bugs me is that they have a phantom outline that matches the jersey color. The raiders also do this too on their home jerseys which makes it look cheap.

spacer.png

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Asymmetrical designs on nba shorts

DrcyOdLUcAU4ZGi.jpg

BBQk64G.img?h=450&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

like why? Why would you want only one side of the shorts to have a stripe it bugs me so much

This works well though,spacer.png

• Like 1

Excellent!