Zeus89725

Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

On 7/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, MCM0313 said:

That's a Padres shirt. I thought the bizarre 09 was only worn with the Marlins. Not doubting its authenticity. It's just so odd that it was ever allowed to be worn with one team, let alone two.

On 7/7/2019 at 5:38 PM, Hat Boy said:

I didn't know there was a 0 or a 00 in baseball.  That is still not baseball's craziest uni number:

s-l300.jpg

If I remember the story correctly, Benito Santiago switched from 9 to 09 because the center strap on his catchers' gear blocked/ran down the middle of the number when he wore 9.

On the back of a jersey or on a lineup card, 0 and 00 is no different from 1 and 11. 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:01 PM, Zeus89725 said:

I can't imagine this isn't already a thread, but I figured I may as well get this started up. This is a place you can post little things in sports uniforms that rub you the wrong way. Not major design choices, not new logos, just little things only the real jersey nuts care about.

I'll start.

Image result for islanders 2019

Ever since the Adidas takeover, the Isles' helmet numbers haven't had the outline their jersey numbers have, and it bugs me every time I see it.

Do you guys have anything like this or am I crazy?

Speaking of the Adidas Jerseys. What IRKS the hell out of me are the Teams that have Ties.  On a V Neck Jersey the Ties look aesthetically pleasing to the Eyes but Ties on a Round Collar just looks stupid and serve no purpose

the collar of Blackhawks' Adidas jerseys bugs me. it's looks like they're wearing collared shirts underneath.

Alex-DeBrincat-and-Patrick-Kane-Chicago-

Something I didn't notice till someone here pointed it out and now it bothers me every time I look at my Reebok Rangers jerseys. The font is way too vertical and, it could be my mind playing tricks, but it looked off-centered.

Did Adidas fix this because it looks more normal now than before? Either way, Adidas also has the red pentagon on the collar which bothers the hell out of me. It sticks out like the sore thumb on the home jerseys. 

On 7/9/2019 at 4:57 PM, leopard88 said:

If I remember the story correctly, Benito Santiago switched from 9 to 09 because the center strap on his catchers' gear blocked/ran down the middle of the number when he wore 9.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, MCM0313 said:

That's a Padres shirt. I thought the bizarre 09 was only worn with the Marlins. Not doubting its authenticity. It's just so odd that it was ever allowed to be worn with one team, let alone two.

Santiago wore the 09 from 1991-1994 so that's two seasons with the Padres and two with the Marlins. Here's a video clip of him confirming his reason last summer. He says the center strap sometimes made the 9 look like an 8. So it's not just having a 9 with a vertical line through it but it at times looked like a different number altogether.

I hate when smaller programs  do not want a wordmark on the front of their jerseys and as a result have a bunch of empty space as a result of the catalog. Below is Princeton and Bowdoin College.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This might be controversial.  I don't like the fact that the swoosh isn't on the same side on the NBA jerseys and shorts.