Your Uncommon/Odd Uniform Associations

Apologies if a thread like this has been done before, but the Canucks’ recent changes got me thinking about the subject.

Basically, this thread’s all about the things you associate certain uniforms to or with that wouldn’t be very common and are perhaps even a little odd, but still make sense to you personally. A normal association would be, for example, “Teal Pistons —> Grant Hill” and vice versa. But someone else may say “Teal Pistons —> My High School Pep Rally ‘99” or something like that, and it may make perfect sense to them through associative experience while no one else would get it. That kind of thing.

I’ll kick it off with my big one. So I’m a big fan of How I Met Your Mother, it’s one of my favorite shows. The character Robin is from British Columbia and is a massive Canucks fan, and wears Canucks jerseys and shirts quite a few times (and even dresses up as a Canucks player for Halloween once). 

spacer.png

(There’s more times than this, but this gives you the idea. And the image is not my own, someone else already thought to put it together!)

Anyways, as you can see, she only wears the first orca jersey once, but she wears the blue and green the whole rest of the series and I’ve always associated that uniform set’s run with the character. Thus, to me, the blue and green orca set to me is “The Robin Scherbatsky Set”. I imagine no one else thinks so, but that’s just how my brain’s wired it! :P And I’ve never used that term here of course cause I knew it’d likely go over heads, but there you go.

So, let’s hear yours!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old Red's BP jerseys from the 80s and early 90s--Lou Pinella and Rob Dibble fighting in the clubhouse.

The Lombardi-inspired "R" on the Redskins' helmets of 1970-71:  Robin the Boy Wonder, Radio Shack, and Mitt Romney

The Oilers' silver helmets and pants used between 1966 and 1971:  Frosted Flakes

The pullover sweaters MLB umpires wore in the 80s and early 90s:  Sean Connery in The Presidio

Toledo Mud Hens --

spacer.png

Cleveland Indians circa 1948 (even though I don't think the Indians ever wore a jersey that completely matches this) --

spacer.png

The Texas Rangers Road Jersey from 1976 (see below) always reminds me of a casual friend from the 90s who (for reasons I never asked) owned a game worn Steve Foucault jersey.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

VvXSdmL.jpg

"The Only Thing Standing Between You and Your Goal, Is The Bull :censored: Story You Keep Telling Yourself As To Why You Can't Achieve It."

"Champions Aren't Made In The Gyms. Champions Are Made From Something They Have Deep Inside Them - A Desire, A Dream, A Vision"

BREWERS BUCKS CAPITALS RAIDERS

3 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

You can throw the Rangers into that and of course...THE DEVILS!!!!

Yes, of course. How could I forget?!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of course as a teenager of the late 80s/early 90s, I associate Devils jerseys with Alyssa Milano, though that’s neither odd nor uncommon I wager.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

7 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Of course as a teenager of the late 80s/early 90s, I associate Devils jerseys with Alyssa Milano, though that’s neither odd nor uncommon I wager.

spacer.png

I love how it says "Los Angeles Kings jersey" in the caption

16 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Miami Dolphins and the original Ace Ventura:

Or how about Full House and the San Francisco teams?

BaGUKuaCEAAYPEt.jpgdannytannerbobsaget-0-0-0x0-512x384.jpg

And of course, Home Improvement.

I associate the 80s Giants wordmark with full house.

MV5BMTczOTU0OTAyNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk1

13 hours ago, Mingjai said:

New York (and Baltimore) baseball teams in Seinfeld. 

spacer.png

I work in Elaine's hometown (Towson, not Baltimore).  I still applaud her for taking a stand.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Outside of USC-UCLA football, I always associate color-vs-color games with fictional movies. 

Also, Alabama with "Remember the Titans." The uniforms aren't completely the same, but they're similar. The first time I saw the movie, I only caught about half of it on an airplane. I though it was about Bama before later learning it was a high school in Virginia. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived