2019 High School Football uniforms

MJWalker45

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I love how Massillon uses their retro tiger logo. They can easily use a better tiger logo, but they keep with tradition. I just love it.

I love that too, but I think it's better than any other logos they've gone with. Mainly because they rip off Missouri's tiger logos and then keep coming back to Obie. I do think the jerseys from last year were better than the one they're adding this year. They'll accompany the orange jersey they added last year. 

SwMXlCK.jpg

Better look at the new helmet logo:

fk5LtOl.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

My brother-in-law and his family lived a block east of Massilon's stadium for a while, on Oak Avenue.

That orange jersey is great. I don't much care for the Oregon State treatment of the helmet stripes extending to the facemask. But I do really like the huge stripes. (Sidenote: I feel like Ohio State should go huge stripes, a la their alternates from a few years ago, permanently.) Make the pants white (with the same pants stripe) and that's a classy uniform.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that anyone cares about a high school in a town of 600 in Nebraska, but I want to go on a little rant...

I’m working at my old high school with some maintenance and random stuff over the summer while I’m home from college and recently was moving some boxes to the place where the football helmets a stored. One of the boxes was opened a bit, and out of curiosity I peaked in. Apparently we decided to switch to white helmets for some reason. I absolutely hate them. Our school colors are red and black and as long as I can remember, our home games have always been played wearing black-red-black, along with an annual homecoming blackout. My senior year, we got new red pants for road games, and the last two years since I’ve graduated, the red pants have edged their way into the home uniforms, starting with a one-off two years ago, and then splitting 50/50 with the black pants last year. In my opinion, the white helmets are gonna look like sh!t. With black pants it’ll be way out of balance, and with red pants... well, I just don’t like all-red as a full time thing, though at least it doesn’t look bottom heavy like the black pants would. 

I just want to go ask the AD and coach, what was wrong with this??

rqOwDvt.jpg

There’s no way that this helmet:

0YLSpJx.jpg

Is going to mesh well with that uniform. It looks like they just went and bought the cheapest helmets available and didn’t paint them because it would cost too much, even once the helmet logo is placed on. It’s frustrating. At least when I was here we still had our good combinations🤷‍♂️

Okay, that’s my rant on a small high school in Nebraska that none of you have heard of

My high school is apparently planning a new change to their uniforms with them opening a new stadium

Apparently they're going to introduce new white and navy pants.

New Stadium "Concept":

spacer.png

Current look and they prefer to wear their whites as much as possible:

spacer.png

spacer.png

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

On 6/14/2019 at 6:23 AM, Bowski said:

My high school is apparently planning a new change to their uniforms with them opening a new stadium

Apparently they're going to introduce new white and navy pants.

New Stadium "Concept":

spacer.png

Current look and they prefer to wear their whites as much as possible:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is there a roll that Catholic schools have to look like Notre Dame? I like the white jerseys better, I can see why they prefer them too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is there a roll that Catholic schools have to look like Notre Dame? I like the white jerseys better, I can see why they prefer them too. 

I mean, we're an hourish from Notre Dame, so at least we have a reason 😂

But typically since most catholic school mascots are like the Knights, the Irish, the Monarchs, the Saints, etc. It makes sense to do a dark color like navy, burgundy, green,  or purple paired with gold and because of that they're all mostly gonna end up looking like Notre Dame or Boston College.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:33 PM, jn8 said:

Not that anyone cares about a high school in a town of 600 in Nebraska, but I want to go on a little rant...

I’m working at my old high school with some maintenance and random stuff over the summer while I’m home from college and recently was moving some boxes to the place where the football helmets a stored. One of the boxes was opened a bit, and out of curiosity I peaked in. Apparently we decided to switch to white helmets for some reason. I absolutely hate them. Our school colors are red and black and as long as I can remember, our home games have always been played wearing black-red-black, along with an annual homecoming blackout. My senior year, we got new red pants for road games, and the last two years since I’ve graduated, the red pants have edged their way into the home uniforms, starting with a one-off two years ago, and then splitting 50/50 with the black pants last year. In my opinion, the white helmets are gonna look like sh!t. With black pants it’ll be way out of balance, and with red pants... well, I just don’t like all-red as a full time thing, though at least it doesn’t look bottom heavy like the black pants would. 

I just want to go ask the AD and coach, what was wrong with this??

rqOwDvt.jpg

There’s no way that this helmet:

0YLSpJx.jpg

Is going to mesh well with that uniform. It looks like they just went and bought the cheapest helmets available and didn’t paint them because it would cost too much, even once the helmet logo is placed on. It’s frustrating. At least when I was here we still had our good combinations🤷‍♂️

Okay, that’s my rant on a small high school in Nebraska that none of you have heard of

I've heard of Homer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, Bowski said:

I mean, we're an hourish from Notre Dame, so at least we have a reason 😂

But typically since most catholic school mascots are like the Knights, the Irish, the Monarchs, the Saints, etc. It makes sense to do a dark color like navy, burgundy, green,  or purple paired with gold and because of that they're all mostly gonna end up looking like Notre Dame or Boston College.

I see you on that one; but it's just as easy to pair with something else (like our navy and gray.)

LvZYtbZ.png

• 1 month later...

My high school, Mountain Vista, in Highlands Ranch, CO., is changing their uniforms... for the 2nd straight year, and its actually quite a story. Last year our head coach finally decided to bring in new uniforms after 10 years of an outdated Nike look. We decided to change to Adidas and the uniforms we were supposed to receive didn't come in until midway through the year (we only wore the full set once at state champion Valor, and pulled out the white jerseys again for another game, the green jerseys never arrived). We were stuck with basic stock options (which looked quite cheap), and ultimately stuck with our black Nike jerseys as our primary look (something that wasn't that great either with those unreadable numbers).

Well, this year we hired we brand new head coach, and he decided to take the uniforms in a brand new direction. The helmets feature black facemasks instead of green and a mixture of an oversized golden eagle logo on one side and player number on the other (replacing the gold wings). The new jerseys feature the slant stripe template (the new Boise State style design) and Glades font. The pants feature "Vista" down the side. We also have a white jersey and gold and (maybe) white pants. I think it is definitely an upgrade compared to the last few years, and it's good to finally see a stable uniform situation for the team.

In other Colorado High School news, defending state champions Valor Christian have updated their uniform template to the Adidas A1 and replaced silver for light blue.

Oh and I think I know the WORST EVER uniform combination. From our rivals ThunderRidge. I had an instant gag reflex to this. And yes that is a combination of a navy helmet, anthracite jersey, and kelly green pants.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I don’t have any pictures, but it appears my school is switching to black pants full time this year, and boy do we not like it. Our traditional look is a purple helmet, black jersey, and white shorts. However, we have one alternate jersey, and one pair of alternate pants. For homecoming, we wear purple/purple/white, while the black pants are taken out once a year to go purple/black/black. This is our “big game” combo, similar to what Clemson does with their orange pants. Usually, it’s worn against our rival, East River, or the best team in our division, Winter Park.

The problem isn’t that we don’t like the black pants. The problem is that our new coach is switching to black pants for all games, including away (creating a combo of purple/white/black that we’ve never worn before) because “every game is a big game”. That’s great and all, but he’s throwing away a great tradition. They never told us when the team is wearing them, so when the players run out in all black the crowd gets fired up, because the team has designated this as a “must win”. Now, it won’t be anything special.

ExJworW.png

Ligonier Valley High School in Ligonier, Pennsylvania, currently the 2nd ranked team in AA in the state, upgraded their uniforms this season for the first time in about 8 years.  The Rams are 40-3 over their last 43 games, and just opened their season with a 67-0 home victory this past Friday night, extending their conference win-streak to 29 games.  They are seeking their 4th consecutive Heritage Conference Championship, and have won 3 consecutive conference crossover Appalachian Bowls, were PIAA District VI AA Champions in 2016 and 2017 and runners-up in 2018. 

Very fun team to follow! 

This small school in idyllic Ligonier is on an incredible 4-year run capped off by a senior class that has 3 Division I lineman recruits, including a Navy commit, as well as several other talented lineman and skill players.  The last few seasons have produced eye-popping, record-breaking performances by several outstanding young men who have gone on to compete at the college level.  While their facilities don't match up to the quality of the program, the uniforms & helmets now finally do:

OLD:  

333335_GTR-NCLV07dk-101318.jpg

tutino-record-500x498.jpg

NEW:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football, grass and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Image may contain: 3 people, outdoor and text

They will debut their White uniforms this weekend, which are essentially an inverted version of their new Home sets.

Check them out at the links below: 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LigonierValleyRamsFootball/

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/lvramsfootball

MaxPreps: https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/ligonier-valley-rams-(ligonier,pa)/football/home.htm

Archived