2019 High School Football uniforms

MJWalker45

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, walkerws said:

Nice colors. I assume it's a coral colored military camo pattern. Maybe I'm just seeing things. 

It looks like camo, but I think the idea is more in-line with last year's design where it's based on the ocean and lakes around Orlando.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

http://imgur.com/gallery/Hjpat9n

http://imgur.com/a/rS7k7Q6

AAB Practice uniforms. West has tossed the yellow helmets and the bowl has swapped from Xenith to Riddell. Looks like a Trojan/Spartan pattern on the helmets as well. At least the numbers are cleaner than last year's look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Game jerseys have sponsors this year.

Geico - West

xONquQZ.png?1

Toyota - East

SLKCfLu.png?1

Numbers would have looked better if they hadn't slapped that pattern on them. The shoulders look pretty good except that the pattern slides down to the left (East) or right (West) sleeve as if players were wearing a tunic of some type. I still haven't seen the pants yet so who knows what's going on there.

N13rfBU.jpg

e9DxWLP.jpg

FCsPahv.jpg

bipdsmg.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 10:26 AM, Volt said:

I'm biased b/c I sell competing brands, but I can't say how much I hate Adidas brand and product.  These uniforms don't change my mind one bit.

The models not wearing them correctly doesn't help either. The Polynesian Bowl look better than the generic stock Nike uniforms they used in the past but then you see how adidas can't be bothered to put on sleeve patterns that go from seam to seam except for their big name programs. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

The models not wearing them correctly doesn't help either. The Polynesian Bowl look better than the generic stock Nike uniforms they used in the past but then you see how adidas can't be bothered to put on sleeve patterns that go from seam to seam except for their big name programs. 

That's only an issue on stock, pre-made jerseys... Honestly, Adidas might be better off removing that option, because trying to offer an additional option ends up making them look bad, since it's difficult to add sleeve stripes after the sleeves have been  sewn  onto the jersey..

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

For what it’s worth, I believe the Polynesian Bowl uniforms are just a stock top and bottom with custom numbers, which is probably a timeline issue if this is the first year outfitting it (new contracts are often signed too late to get a full custom uniform developed). There aren’t any patterns on the jersey from what I can see, just custom patterned accessories. In other words, I won’t be surprised if the design and application are much more robust next year.

The All-American Bowl stuff, on the other hand, is completely custom; seam-to-seam print across both sleeves and yoke, asymmetric seam across the front (I’m guessing that it evoking a toga is intentional, given the Greek-inspired patterns). The gold braid/laurel design around the neck and cuffs is 3D embroidery, which completely surprised me in person. It’s probably the most unexpected application technique I’ve ever seen on a uniform

Just curious, where are you seeing sleeve patterns that aren’t seam-to-seam here?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

For what it’s worth, I believe the Polynesian Bowl uniforms are just a stock top and bottom with custom numbers, which is probably a timeline issue if this is the first year outfitting it (new contracts are often signed too late to get a full custom uniform developed). There aren’t any patterns on the jersey from what I can see, just custom patterned accessories. In other words, I won’t be surprised if the design and application are much more robust next year.

The All-American Bowl stuff, on the other hand, is completely custom; seam-to-seam print across both sleeves and yoke, asymmetric seam across the front (I’m guessing that it evoking a toga is intentional, given the Greek-inspired patterns). The gold braid/laurel design around the neck and cuffs is 3D embroidery, which completely surprised me in person. It’s probably the most unexpected application technique I’ve ever seen on a uniform

Just curious, where are you seeing sleeve patterns that aren’t seam-to-seam here?

The Polynesian Bowl jerseys have side patterns, just look at the blue jersey. I meant teams like La. Tech and Ohio whose sleeve patterns stop before the seams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

To be fair, i don’t think that’s a seam across the front.. it appears to be Adidas’s WVN A1 jersey, which is essentially their answer to Nike’s VU

Archived